Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm All Ears

Mia pretty much hates all breeds equally but terriers and especially schnauzers set her off. We've had repeated bad schnauzer experiences. And she is horrible to my trainer's Belgian. Horrible. She also will bully small timid dogs like my friend's shih tzu mix.

Summer likes dogs but is scared of big in your face ones. She becomes friends after a first warning from her

Mine both get along best with very mellow big dogs or smaller dogs that are similar to them. As long as the dog can give them personal space they'll usually coexist well. Mia really get on best with very even tempered dogs.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Duuuuude.

Riff generally likes all dogs. I haven't seen him react negatively to any particular breed or type. Truthfully he's the dog that other dogs get annoyed by.

Rowan is snobby and usually disinterested after an initial greet & sniff no matter the type. He really dislikes rambunctious in-your-face dogs though. Boxers, labs, etc. He makes exceptions to that though and they always seem to be without reason. There was a CRAZY black lab at my old job, one of our wildest, who I was positive he would hate, but she ended up being one of his few friends.

He loves small dogs of any type and is much more patient/tolerant with them than he is dogs his own size. He also LOVES herding dogs, especially fluffy females although he loves cattle dogs too. He likes the chasing play style a lot of them seem to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Macky thinks all dogs smell and have germs
This is so Rowan, too. We always joke that he has no idea that he's a dog and thinks that he is "above" other dogs, with rare exceptions.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 10-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Obey the Toad.

In reactive dog class the little dogs, especially dachshunds made Sally very nervous. Jack is skeeved out by Dobes. We had a very dog aggressive male at the training center we used to go to that would go after him at very opportunity (even after my repeated attempts to avoid him and intervene-owner was clueless). My friend has a female dobe that he adores though.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Kitty could care less and will frolic with anyone as long as they are polite. Tori is racist against everything except Golden Retrievers. theyre like a fetish for her. WHY, I will never know but she goes all lovesick and gooey when she sees one
Old 10-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quinn LOATHES labs, doodles, and some Goldens. She just hates boucy, silly, out of control dogs so she's generalized to hate all of the above. She will even react (if given a chance, which she isn't) to a well behaved Doodle.

She also isn't a fan of anything snorty and/or bouncy - English Bulldogs, Bostons, etc. She hates the noise they make. She also met a pair of Pekes at gravel pit - were on an island and they started swimming over to us. I have NEVER seen her react to a dog the way she did to them. She was terrified! I don't even think she recognized them as dogs - more like little black snorty swimming monsters. She was so scared. Nothing as noticeable as the lab/doodle thing though.

Quinn doesn't really like many dogs to be honest, but she gets along well with another English Shepherd bitch (and some White English Bulldogs, and an Am Bulldog owned by the same lady). Some Border Collies and Aussies she likes.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 10-28-2013, 02:23 PM
orange iguanas.

Nope. Juno is fine with everyone unless they give her a reason not to be. She's pretty good about adjusting her play style too so I don't even notice any boxer hate toward her.

Lucy hates all dogs equally.

Happy is indifferent toward everyone.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Teagan is a snob, she pretty much only likes her own kind. She is pretty bossy and when there is a really submissive dog she likes to take advantage of that. Needless to say she is not a dog park dog.

So far Panzer likes every dog. He is very respectful, but he loves to play.That will probably change as he matures. SSA can happen in the breed, and we will be keeping his balls so his love for other dogs might change.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 10-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Top Dog

I forgot to mention that Watson can be weird with very small dogs (like <5lbs). No tiny dog has actually approached him, and he usually ends up screeching and being way too interested in them (which obviously freaks them out). My theory is that some of them look enough like our bunnies that he thinks "OMG, these are just like my bunny friends! I love bunny friends!" I think it's more barrier frustration because he's not allowed to meet the rabbits or tiny dogs up close, vs prey drive where he would knowingly attack them.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 10-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Top Dog

Nia doesn't particularly like big lab type dogs that always rush at her for her tennis ball.

She doesn't like boxers and Boston's and bull dogs or any breeds that like to ram into each other and smack with their paws when playing. She is pretty small and some of them really smack pretty hard so it is dangerous for her nd I think she knows it. She's usually ok when they're leashed and calm though.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Top Dog

Meg is another of the many who doesn't like labs/boxers and the sort. Big happy dogs who don't respect her personal space are her biggest trigger. She actually has gotten a ton better with Goldens, thanks to a friend of mine who has two very respectful intact male goldens. She does best with puppies, small dogs, and herding dogs.

Gusto gets along with pretty much everyone. He rapidly will adjust his play style to match whoever he is around, and his polite and respectful of dogs who don't want him in their face. He pretty much blows my mind with his incredible dog skills. He should be a diplomat.