Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-28-2013, 04:40 AM
BusterLove

yeah - Quinn is very picky. Mostly breeds that have given her a fright at some point.
She's not that bad but I do notice a change in her with some breeds.

Border Collies is a big one - lots of uber "friendly" rush-in-your-face types have put her off a bit.
Malinois - no idea why, she just isn't super keen on them.
GSD's - not really a fan.

I'm like... way to go... pick pretty much the only breeds your ever likely to live with.

She's never been a fan of standard poodles either... they just move to weirdly for her.

But she LOVES huskies for some reason. Maybe its because she can see the resemblance.

She also tends to be pretty good with kelpies. I think its because she's met so many that are just-do-your-thing-and-I'll-do-mine with their attitude and she loves that.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 AM
The Monster.

Bulldogs, Pugs, Old English Sheepdogs, GSDs, black Standard Poodles, Great Danes, Boxers, overfriendly Labs etc, puppies of any kind ...

It's much more rare to find a dog that Cohen actually gets along with off the bat. She's a total grump and would much rather not interact with a dog until she's gotten to know it. Intact male BCs and Huskies seem to get a pass.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 AM
Top Dog

Ivan pretty much gets along with all other dogs. I can't think of one breed that he dislikes in general. Now I can't say the same for other dogs meeting him. Hes lacking in dog manners. And try as I might I have not been able to teach him thats rude. I'm hoping that the next one will be taught some manners between the two boys.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Top Dog

My shepherd does not like goldens Probably because she was mauled by a couple in a dog class and that girl doesn't forget

She LOVES little dogs, my sister has papillons and she gravitates towards small dogs in public
Old 10-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Webster dislikes all bully type breeds. They make him nervous...
I wouldn't say dislike, but Caleb seems to be more watchful of bully types. And he will growl at them if they come up to him, except for the Boxer in our Nosework class. He absolutely loves Lee. Probably because Lee is just as goofy as Caleb.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Top Dog

Summit believes all huskies should die. If they have blue eyes... all the more reason. In fact, he hates blue eyes do much that non-huskies with blue eyes are automatically lumped in until he realizes they are not in fact huskies.

I mean, he actually wants to kill them. It's weird and scary.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 10-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Plus One

Fudge doesn't like Labradors or springers or small breeds really. He must love living in our house haha.

Tika hates most other breeds equally and with a passion. German shepherds are worse though and Belgian shepherds seem to get a free pass.

Scamp hates huskies of any description. Ever since he got attacked by 2 he has never forgotten. He's not a fan of labs either.

Everyone else is good with pretty much all other dogs although I manage them so they rarely interact with other dogs anyway.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Top Dog

Watson loves all dogs of all breeds. He's a physical dog, so he's totally ok with other dogs getting into his personal space or playing rough. He can be a bit forward at first for dogs who value their personal space or take time to warm up, but if they give him a chance he usually wins them over.

He's also quite forgiving of dogs who snark or growl at him. Our friends' dog is reactive and the first 2 hours together was rough, with their dog barking and flipping out anytime Watson looked at him (they were on leash and unable to get to each other). Once the other dog came around, Watson was totally fine with him and acted like nothing had happened.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 10-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Show Dog

Jubel isn't scared of or nervous around any particular breeds. He does strongly dislike a shepherd mix who walks in the same park we do but that grew from that dog being snarky and aggressive with him. It is now a mutual dislike and unfortunately the shepherd mix's owner is clueless and still thinks they could/should be friends. I think he's finally got the hint that no I'm not going to let them near each other ever again.

Jubel does seem to have a thing for harassing beagles and beagle mixes for some reason. This is going back over 2 years ago to when we still went to the dog park but he'd relentlessly try and hump most of the beagles at the dog park. Not sure if he'd still do that or not. We only see one beagle somewhat regularly now walking around our neighborhood, he's only stopped to sniff this dog maybe twice. The beagle is always excited and wanting to play, Jubel mostly ignores it and continues sniffing stuff. I might be getting a beagle as a short term foster next week so it'd be interesting to see if Jubel is over his obsession.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Keeva hates Great Danes after she was attacked at my work. Now, she knows a few from daycare and is fine with them, but yeah, the sight of strange Dane sends her into a fury if I don't interfere/distract her, LOL. We were walking around a huge outdoor dog show, seeing dogs of lots of sizes, no issues, and then we came upon a big male Dane and Keeva was like, "HEY! HEY!.... **** YOU! YOU AND ALL YOUR KIND!"

Macky thinks all dogs smell and have germs, Blossom ignores everyone until they get too close, and then she's an equal opportunist face snarker.