Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-26-2013, 12:41 AM
Top Dog

None of my dogs pay any interest (even barking dogs), but Fiona initially did, with some curiosity, not really intense though.

My family friend/hairdressers' Cairn? Totally tuned into the TV. She watches with like morbid interest and if there is an animal, she goes crazy barking. The TV in the shop is small, and up in the high corner, and she still watches and goes crazy.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:53 AM
Top Dog

Occasionally. Sometimes if a dog or something is on tv, he will look at it and follow it. And very occasionally if there is a knock or doorbell, sometimes he will growl/bark at it. But usually he knows the difference. Like he hates thunder but when it's thundering on TV, he doesn't react at all.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:31 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Bodhi, only odd sounds.

Fred... Well take a guess lol! Yes. He watches tv avidly. Barks at animals on it, tracks movement, and sometimes just plain watches it.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-26-2013, 02:35 AM
Spanish Pup

Natasha used to watch the Tv, and sometimes bark at it, but now she only cares if there are door bells. Then, she barks once and looks at us, like "Come on, go and open!". She's doing it less, though.

-Owned by Natasha, a podenco mix.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:03 AM
Top Dog

Kili looks behind the tv for the people and dogs. She usually only reacts to dogs on tv but every once in awhile something else random catches her attention. She loves birds so close ups of flying birds get her attention.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 10-26-2013, 06:16 AM
Top Dog

We used to leave the TV on at night for our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He loved Crufts. We'd wake up at night and he'd be sitting on the end of the bed watching. He'd sometimes quietly "talk", LOL.

The other three couldn't care less.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Top Dog

The only time Tucker seems to notice the TV is when I'm watching animal cops and there is a dog yelping or otherwise making noises of pain. Then he appears to become nervous. Otherwise he pays no attention to it. Once my cat Willie ran at the TV and swatted it. I was watching The Most Extreme on animal planet and they were showing some sort of mouse running around super fast through a field. Willie couldn't help himself and looked fairly embarrassed afterwards. He doesn't usually watch though.

I dogsat for a basset hound that barked her head off at every animal on television, both real and cartoon. It was the most annoying thing ever. How did she even know the cartoon pig was an animal?? It's a cartoon and I'm pretty sure she's never even seen a pig in real life.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Top Dog

About three months after we got her, Meg sat up in a chair and watched an entire 2 hour episode of American Idol intently. She's never watched TV since. I'm pretty sure she thinks it is evil.

Gusto adores TV. Animal shows, commercials, anything. Show jumping is one of his favorite things to watch. He once spent most of a day watching Downton Abbey with me.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Little dog, big voice

Moses is completely oblivious to it, although if he hears a doorbell on a TV show/movie, he'll go running to the door. That's about it though.

Cali always takes notice if there is a dog barking and will stare, with her head tilted, at the TV until the dog goes off screen. She's also reacted to various small animals on the TV as well, but that's no surprise since she is in love with squirrels, cats, etc.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
...If I'm watching something, he will often stop what he's doing (typically chewing on a bone) and stare at the TV in fascination. I'm not really sure what exactly grabs his attention, but when it does, he is mesmerized...
Caleb does that, too. Sometime he follows what's going on. I don't know which was better- the time there was a little girl crying on the Today Show, and he walked up to the tv and put his nose on her face, or the time I was watching a bucking bull auction and he looked back and forth from me to the tv whining when the bucking dummy came off the bull's back. That's when I realized he not only watched bullriding with me, but knew the cowboys either got up and left the arena or somebody went to them when they come off.

Then there was the time I was watching a duck hunting show. He marked the duck as it fell
from the sky, and when the hunter released his dog to retrieve it, Caleb started a leap towards the tv.

And when I watched "It's Me Or The Dog"? Oh, my! The looks I got from him! Especially when there were dogs jumping onto tables or peeing and pooping all over the floors. He had a total look of shock on his face

I've started using the surround sound more now that we the HD tv. Somethings he reacts to, some he doesn't. Just last night there was some weird sound on bull riding that had him jumping straight up and down barking at the back door with all the hair on his back up.