Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
How did you do? I was there Saturday with Fiona, but yeah it was chaotic. I saw lots of Welshies but none that I thought might be you .
Aw, bummer. We were the ones without a grooming table setup. We just walked him around the outside, where the vendors were set up, to tire him out. We didn't win anything - the first day I did a terrible job handling and the second day Watson was an idiot, plus our competition was really nice. Oh well. My husband and I decided we definitely like the atmosphere of outdoor shows better - it was so chaotic and camped in there.

Watson - Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 12-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohwen View Post
Aw, bummer. We were the ones without a grooming table setup. We just walked him around the outside, where the vendors were set up, to tire him out. We didn't win anything - the first day I did a terrible job handling and the second day Watson was an idiot, plus our competition was really nice. Oh well. My husband and I decided we definitely like the atmosphere of outdoor shows better - it was so chaotic and camped in there.
Aww, better luck next time!! There were quite a few Welshies, I was surprised at the number of some of the breeds there. And then no ACDs showing? I heard maybe one or two did, but I didn't see any for conformation. I met two over on the performance side.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Aww, better luck next time!! There were quite a few Welshies, I was surprised at the number of some of the breeds there. And then no ACDs showing? I heard maybe one or two did, but I didn't see any for conformation. I met two over on the performance side.
I think we had about 12? A pretty decent number. Only one other boy, but majors in bitches most days and a couple specials. Watson's uncle showed as a veteran on Saturday and the judge encouraged us to cheer and clap for him. Haha. He's such a cutie old man Welshie.

Now that you mention it, I realize I didn't see any ACDs. Weird. We went over to the performance building too and just saw a ton of shelties and BCs. My husband told Watson "You're too pretty and not smart enough to be in this building." Lol. Someday we'll show over there too!

Watson - Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 12-01-2013, 09:44 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Hey y'all. So, I'm going a little bit out of my comfort zone and agreed to handle an ACD in an upcoming conformation show. I'm not the least bit coordinated or graceful with MY gait. I've been watching millions of "tips and tricks" videos today, but was wondering if anyone had some go-to videos or literature to help me out.

I'd like to stay away from making a complete ass of myself, if at all possible.
I used to do obedience and agility and I tripped numerous times and even fell a couple of times (slippery grass!!!) and I still for reserve haha (had a good dog who wasn't phased by my blunders).

I say just to our there, they to relax and have fun. I found that the more nervous I was the clumsier I was lol.