1. Paco Collar
2. Paco Leash
5. EarthRated poop bags
6. Collapsible wire crate
7. Sleep sack
8. Boots and Barkley puppy soap
9. Ruffwear Webmaster
10. Puppia Original
12. Doggone tag
13. Mad Dog Metalworks tag
14. Skineez toys
15. Nina Ottoson level 3 puzzles
16. Nail clippers
18. Zuke's Mini Naturals/The Honest Kitchen Quickies/Wellness Wellbites (interchangeable)
19. Outward Hound treat bag
20. Ruffwear Climate Changer
1) All things Biothane. Specifically my 1/2" 5' leash. LURVE.
2) ComfortFlex harnesses
4) Guillotine nail clippers
5) Treat toys/Kongs
6) Boomerang collar tags
7) EarthRated poop bags here as well
8) 1.5" Ribbon martingales. BECAUSE PRETTY.
9) Ruffwear backpack for hiking
10) Long line for potty breaks
11) Coats/light weight hoodies for the Nub
12) Wire crates
13) Bait bags/clicker
14) EliteField soft crate
15) Mink oil coat spray
16) Shedding rake
17) Bathing apron
18) Top Performance Oatmeal Shampoo
19) I'd really like to try some thin leather leads
20) Wide leather collars
1.) Slip leads. Willow has to go outside AS SOON as I wake up in the morning, or else she pees in the floor; putting a slip lead on the dogs is so much easier than trying to put collars and clip leashes to them when my hands are still asleep.
2.) A crate. I never even bought a crate until Willow came into the picture a few months ago. Sox has never been a furniture-chewer, and he's always ignored anything that isn't his, so he's had free run of the house for 8 years without any problems. Willow on the other hand... the crate has been an invaluable tool. She's always tethered to me or crated when I'm not able to pay full attention to her. She loves her crate, too.
3.) Antlers. They're expensive, but the dogs love them and they keep their teeth clean.
4.) Kongs for stuffing. There's no way I would have been able to get through crate training Willow without a kong.
5.) Tag collars. I want the dogs to constantly have ID on them, but I don't feel comfortable leaving regular collars on them. The tag collars easily slip over their heads, and they don't mess up their fur!
6.) Flirt pole. This is definitely one of my must-haves. Sometimes it's really great to be able to tire the dogs in half an hour with minimal effort for me.
7.) Long lines. Willow's recall is still iffy, so she's on a long line whenever we go hiking.
8.) Shedding rake. Sox sheds. SO BAD. I vacuum everyday and there are still dog hair tumbleweeds lying around everywhere.
9.) Martingale collar. Sox isn't the best on lead. I've tried so many tactics and methods to get him not to pull, but it's like he pulls by default.
10.) Melatonin. It takes the edge off of Sox's firework phobia. Combined with loud music and a thundershirt, we're able to get through New Years and Fourth of July without him trying to jump through windows now.
Sox - 7 y/o BC mix & Willow - 2 y/o IG mix
- Cave Bed - LOVE these things. Want to get a second one.
- Cottage Hound flannel jammies
- Musher's Secret
- Starmark Everlasting toys + treat discs
- Elasticon/Vet Wrap
- Weruva Canned Food
- Slip leads
- Walking leads
- Extra blankets
- Poop Bags
- Tooth Scaler
- Ex Pen
- Crates (Vari Kennels and wire break down)
- Zukes training treats
- Lunge whip for 'bunny on a stick'
1) Lint Rollers. All of them.
2) BuddyWash 2+1
3) BuddyWash Leave-In Conditioner
5) Long Lead
6) Back Seat Hammock
9) Cheap storage container from Target + snap-on lid for saving Dog Food from bugs, dogs, and air.
Hmm. Can't think of anything else.
Well, let's see if I can think, lol.
The things we use almost every day, besides food...
1. Leash (I use a Flexi for potty breaks, and rotate between biothane and leather leash for other things, also have a Zumi that thus far has only been used for agility class) - does that count as 4 things? I LOVE all of these leashes, and use for different reasons.
My biothane one has been used a lot lately.
2. Harness. If I had to choose one, it'd probably be Puppia. Gets used the most.
3. Paco Collar
4. GunDogSupply waterproof collar with nameplate
5. Kong Wobbler. He loves this thing, and it keeps him entertained for a bit and gets his mind working.
6. Best poopbags and poop bag holder ever.
7. Love this water/food popup thingy, it's just so convenient for on the road, and travel, and park visits etc. Use it a lot.
8. Chuck-it! and chuck-it balls. LOVE these, it's what we do when I don't feel like taking him anywhere else so we'll just go outside on our 3 acres and play ball. It also took me forever to get him to even enjoy playing fetch and I'm so happy to now have a dog who loves to play the game. It really comes in handy when exercise is needed and I wanna be lazy.
9. Snoozer carseat. I love this thing. He is comfortable in it, it's a place for him to lay, and allows him to easily see out the window, get some smells in, etc. He's in the car with me at LEAST 5-6 days a week, so yeah.
10. His toy box. It's a place to just... throw all his crap and get it out of the way lol. And it looks nice.
Brit & Jackson
It's going to be hard to think of twenty. I feel like I am pretty simple when it comes to dog stuff. But I'll try (in no particular order).
1) My Mesamis collars. They're so soft, come in limited slip or a plastic clip, tons of colours, and the reason I bought them at all is because no collar marks! I have so many collars, but I find I only use these ones nowadays because they really don't ruin my dogs' coats or create lines. And they're a nice, thin width.
2) My clicker. Specifically my StarMark clicker. The little blue and orange one. I love that thing.
3) Orijen Freeze Dried Treats. Not good for Agility or target training, cause they crumble, but I like using them for Dance at Flyball and they're my go to for at home. Healthy, stinky, the dogs love them.
4) Zukes Mini Naturals. Kind of boring, but super convenient and I can make a bag last a long time by breaking each treat into three.
5) My Rush To Tug leashes. I love them for easy on/off. They're so handy. And nice and soft and super cute. They're my first martingale slip leads and I love them.
6) Leather leashes in general. I have a whole bunch from different companies, but as long as they're broken in and no wider than 5/8", I love them all.
7) My little orange Metro force dryer. Never again will I have hairy dogs without one.
8) My Chuck-It. For lazy days when I just feel like exercising one dog at a time quickly (except Keira, who thinks fetch is stupid lol).
9) My Dremel. No clicky nails here! I thought mine broke last year after I accidentally dropped it and I was so sad lol. It is a huge necessity.
10) Crates. I don't know how people live without them.
11) Boomerang CollarTags. Because no noise! I bought pretty jingly tags and never used them. I like silent collars.
12) Martingale collars with buckles from Nearly Naked Neckwear. So much easier to use than traditional martingales! I hate having to readjust collars constantly.
13) Kongs. I don't use them as much as I should, but when I remember to, I love them (and so do the dogs).
14) West Paw Design's Hurley and Bumi. So durable! Mine are so old now and not even a little dent.
15) Giant fluffy tugs. Keeps my hands mostly safe from my fuzzy black shark, and she loves them.
16) Cushy dog beds. I hate pacing, and fluffy beds give my dogs a place to go, cause they like to complain about hard surfaces.
17) My ChillyDogs coats and sweaters. I like how much body they cover while still being super flexible/allow for easy movement. I wish the price were a lot better though.
18) My thinning shears. No toe and ear fuzzies here! Not allowed haha.
19) My Ruffwear backpack. It didn't get any use this year because Journ was still growing, but I will definitely be using it next year. It fits so well and has lots of room for reasonable items.
20) A toss up between Northern Biscuit cookies and Puppy Love Duck Feet. My dogs get one or the other almost every morning when I leave them.
There! I made it to twenty haha. I could live without many of those items I am sure, but those are all of my favourites that I could think of off the top of my head.
I can't think of 20. I really can't.
1. Ella's Lead - LOVE them. Super comfy, smooth, and they just feel sturdier than a regular leash, I love my leather lead, but the rope is my favorite.
2. Harness - with a top clip, he almost never pulls and if he's walking close to me, the leash doesn't get tripped up in his feet.
[IMG] IMG_0033 by noludoru, on Flickr[/IMG]
3. ZOOM GROOM! Oh, how I love you.
4. Furminator shampoo, conditioner, and waterless shampoo - I'm not a fan of the scents, but they're AMAZING!
5. Cuz. Mostly for me. He's happy with any type of toy.
8. Without these, I would never be able to ignore my dog's pleas for attention. Or my neighbor's dog's barking. I would be less happy going on hikes and would lose any incentive to jog with my dog whatsoever.
"and I dont play the victim, I own my stuff... but whatever blows your skirt up. "
1 - Wire crate
2 - GDS biothane collar
3 - Biothane 6ft leash
4 - long leash. I really want a long biothane
5 - Squeaky pig thing
6 - big Chuck It thing
7 - Planet dog strawberry
8 - Poop bags & bag holders. I don't really have a favorite brand. Before we left for vacation I picked up a bunch of purple poop bags, they smell like lavender. I don't like it.
9 - Backseat hammock for the car and the driving.
10 - I really like the Roadie Harness that I had for the pup when he was a pup
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012
Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
1. Collar that can stand up to the elements and not destroy fur.
2. Leash that can do the same and be comfortable to hold
3. Boomerang Tags because I really dislike dangly loud tags
4. Holee Roller because they are the perfect squishable/concealable retrieve + tug toy
6. My car
7. My clicker
8. Jility training equipment
9. The Lake
10. Nail clippers or dremel -- not picky.
11. Our alt DVM/PT/Chiro because she is excellent
12. Good dog shampoo
13. Stripper/defurminator brushes for shedding season
14. Long line for puppies
15. Our regular vet
That's about all the stuff I'd have a hard time making do without.
ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
MACH Mira CDX JH MXS MJS CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin NA NAJ -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13