Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

For Ivan
A bully stick will last a couple of hours atleast.
Raw hide hes not a fan of.
Antlers, pigs ears, and bones forever, well atleast until Peewee steals it. Because Ivan views most chew things, toys or he ignores them.
For peewee,
Bullysticks last maybe 15 minutes,
rawhides he won't touch
Antlers a while because he usually chews on it for a bit, then Ivan comes out steals it and plays with it and looses it on him.
Pig ears 5 minutes maybe.
Its taken Peewee a little longer now days to chew things down. At 14 his teeth are starting to wear down.
Bones maybe a day to 25 minutes depending on what kind of bone.
Peewee ends up with most chew things around here, because Ivan doesn't get the concept of chewing things up. Heck, he debones(and eats the bones last) his dinner if he can.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Top Dog

Deer antlers
Elk antlers
Nylabones
Scentybones

They all last a little while. They prefer the nylabones and nylabone-types above the anlters. I just went on a chew buying spree so I think they'll be good for a while.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Shiba Inu Slave

Himalayan chews are my new obsession. Okay, maybe Ringo's new obsession. I get the ones made for 45-60 pound dogs, because he tends to chew hard and I worry about choking. I also want them to last. One chew probably lasts a good 3 days.

He also uses bully sticks, which last around 2 days. The salmon skin rolls were a favorite, but were really expensive and lasted 10 minutes.

Cow hooves and Kongs stuffed with peanut butter are good for 30 minutes of distraction time.

I bought him an antler which he ignored for half a year, and then magically took interest in THIS WEEK. Now he's obsessed, but reading about tooth breakage has me a little bit concerned...

Last edited by tempura tantrum; 10-29-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Spelling...gah