Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I have a tough time going anywhere without at least one dog. I just can relax without having a dog close by. I have gone on family vacations without my dogs and I've been miserable every time. I don't think I will agree to go next year unless I can at least bring Cricket along.

Cricket stayed with a coworker of mine last time. I do not like her in a boarding situation at all. The boys will board at my work if I can't find anyone else to take them. Joey stayed at a chazzer's last time (sweet72...). Bamm didn't stay with her because a lot of neighborhood kids running around and he isn't all that kid friendly.

I don't like to board the boys at my work so I only do if I have no other options and when I do I leave a LONG novel of a note to my coworkers letting them know what I expect especially with Bamm since he is iffy sometimes.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

My dogs have been boarded at a regular kennel, they've had house/pet sitters, they've stayed with people, they've gone to A Dog Spot, and sometimes they come with.

Most recently, Bailey has someone stay with her at (my mom's) home, Lauren watches Buzz (though, he did go to A Dog Spot with Frodo while we went camping), and Gaby still has rescue sitters to watch her.

If I'm actually out of town, I need someone to watch my cats, too!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 10-03-2013, 08:11 AM
<--------Orson

We normally try to go places/do things they are allowed to do with us.....visiting friends/family, camping, cottages, cabins...etc. The few times we haven't, we have a friend come here to care for them.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Sit! Good dog.

They stay with their nain and taid, failing that we enlist friends. Although Fred hasn't stayed with friends yet as we dont feel comfortable with that yet.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Most of the time they go with me. If they don't, they stay with my parents. They could stay with my sister if I needed them to. The other option is to "board" them with Auggie's breeder - in other words they go have a sleepover at her house - but I've only done that once for Auggie though. and He's almost 8. Shows how often I go do anything that requires somebody else taking care of the dogs...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Chihuahua Power!

For long trips, Jess watches my dogs

For shorter trips, either my sister will watch them or I have my pet sitter watch them

We generally do one big trip a year and it would be impossible to take the dogs with us. I miss them tons, but it's worth it for me to leave them while I'm on my vacations. I wouldn't be able to see the cool places I've seen if I stayed home with the dogs.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Top Dog

I rarely leave them, but if I do I leave Jasper at my dad's place, Yarrow is really tough to leave anywhere, I prefer people taking care of him at my place, but I have once left him at my dad's as well.

My sister babysat Onyx one night once, that's the only time I've left her so far.

I can't stand being without the dogs, I worry about them constantly, so it has to be something I REALLY want to do, otherwise I just won't go. Or I will only do stuff I can bring them with me on.

I would never send them to a boarding kennel. If friends or family couldn't take them, I wouldn't go.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:39 PM
BusterLove

Quinn stays at the kennels that our boarding & training dogs board at. I'm there most days anyway so I know the staff well, they know Quinn and she's effing LOVES the kennels. It's like her favourite place. She's there with me a few days a week as is so she's very used to it.
She's spent a couple of nights at my bosses house when it makes sense.

I've relaxed with her a lot, for a long time I wouldn't consider kennelling her, thinking it would stress her too much. But she does enjoy it.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Original Twin

Saga used to stay with my ex boyfriend and his wife, but now stays at the dog facility that I work at. Nico will stay there too, but usually he goes with me because most of my "vacations" are Malinois/dog related.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:57 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Our dogs never go anywhere with us lol. Belle is a puker and we just din't go to dog friendly places. So the girl across the street watches them for us.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney