OMG, people are idiots.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I just saw this on craiglist:
Hello, I have several young organic puppies that are looking for a good family to go home to today. I am going to be on IUPUI campus today for most of the afternoon, in an attempt to find good homes for my new babies. No vaccines, no GMOS, no Fluoride, this is the way they were raised, but certainly if you were to adopt one then you could maintain this health or do whatever you have to do to the animal to make it suit your family, maybe you wanna chop the ears and tail, maybe inject them, maybe chop up their sexy parts, but certainly that is your prerogative, and they are animals. But they are family and well-tempered, gorgeous dogs. I have several kinds, from blue to brown, black to brindle, come by and take a look, I can be reached at ***-****

Oh. My. God.

So, essentially, he has puppies full of worms that are going to die of parvo. Lovely.

People are freaking idiots.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Well, I don't know about the rest of you but the first thing I do when I get puppies are chop off the ears, tails, sexy parts, and inject them with random things....

Also, I wonder if "Organic" puppies are as tasty as conventionally raised puppies? You should respond to the ad and ask the seller if they are "Certified Organic" puppies....

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I think it's a joke but I don't have problems with vaccine free etc, so I'm not so bothered by that lol. I just think it's written silly.

joce

I'm also hoping joke.

I'd ask how much meat each yields though! Lol!ask if they are also free range.

I am so sick of seeing the word organic.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
The problem with organic is that people don't seem to understand what it means. There are certain fruits and veggies I prefer to get organic (and certain dairy products) but organic meat and dairy is not necessarily "humanely" raised meat and dairy. Also, people often think you don't have to wash organic fruits and veggies. DH went to eat a cherry tomato right out of the container the other day. When I told him to wash it his response was "but it's organic." Ummm, if they aren't using traditional fertilizer they are using things like composed manure. I was raised around livestock and am not afraid of a little poop, but I am NOT interested in eating it! Wash ALL the produce people!!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I really, really hope it is a joke, but it was also accompanied by a picture of a litter of wormy, Pittie looking dogs. So who knows, unfortunately.

The problem with organic is that people don't seem to understand what it means. There are certain fruits and veggies I prefer to get organic (and certain dairy products) but organic meat and dairy is not necessarily "humanely" raised meat and dairy. Also, people often think you don't have to wash organic fruits and veggies. DH went to eat a cherry tomato right out of the container the other day. When I told him to wash it his response was "but it's organic." Ummm, if they aren't using traditional fertilizer they are using things like composed manure. I was raised around livestock and am not afraid of a little poop, but I am NOT interested in eating it! Wash ALL the produce people!!
^This, too.

My dad's home grown garden isn't organic...he uses chemical fertilizer and bug spray to keep his crops growing nicely and free of nasty worms. And I'm perfectly fine with that. LOL

Members online

No members online now.