Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 09-23-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm All Ears

Everything really. Summer is on mostly kibble. Usually Acana regionals of some formula. We also feed raw both premade and 'real' mostly to Mia. Some canned food. Ziwipeak for training meals. Some dehydrated. Mia ate wellness core canned this morning and Summer got Go! Kibble.

I also use some grain in if I like the company/ingredients. We really have little rhyme or reason to our dog food these days.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

Dance and Journey eat raw. Mostly ground premade, various brands and proteins. Quite a few RMBs too. And if I forget to thaw something then I have a few different things at home they can eat. Either the Dobermans' kibble (whichever they happen to be eating), Ziwipeak or NRG usually. I also have a small bag of Acana Duck & Pear for Journ just in case (it's the only kibble right now that I've tried that she can eat more than two meals in a row of with no problem - she used to have a super strong digestive system. Not sure what's happened in the last couple of months, so she gets a probiotic now too).

Ripley and Keira have no choice but to stay on a fish diet. As soon as I take them off of fish, even for one bag of food, within a week their skin gets really awful and they start getting yeasty smelling again. So, while I work where I do, they're eating mostly Orijen 6 Fish and doing super well on it, but I've also fed them Acana Pacifica, NV Instinct Salmon and Timberwolf Ocean Blue. I do add raw to their kibble sometimes though, or canned food of different proteins. They appear to do best on the Orijen of all the kibbles I've rotated through so far.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 09-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Both Siri and Frodo have been on Canine Caviar for a couple months now (well, Frodo's been on it and off it for about a year now), Frodo gets the Herring and Siri gets whatever flavor I have/want to feed.

Seeing as how this is my last week at Chuck and Don's (aka: last month of free food), I'll be switching Frodo to Acana Pacifica due to price, and Siri will eat whatever I feel like feeding her. Most likely a rotation of Fromm/Acana/Go/Now.

Fortunately I have about 2 months worth of food before I will need to start buying it.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

TOTW for everybody, usually the bison but sometimes if they are out of the bison we grab the other high protein formula (wetlands maybe? I forget.)
Payton also gets Verus which has grains to help him keep weight on.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Switch the boys up sometimes and get whatever I feel like feeding at the time. Was feeding performatrin grain free but found out I can get a 40lb bag of Fromm gold through my work for $38 so I just got a bag of that.

Cricket is currently on zignature lamb l.i.d and seems to be doing well on it so far.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 09-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Top Dog

Buzz eats mostly raw (Bravo Beef) but I've been (successfully) adding in Canine Caviar Herring or Lotus GF Sardine and Pollock for 1/4 to 1/2 his meal!

Gaby is eating CC Lamb and Sojos (freeze dried raw).

Bailey is eating NOW Senior right now. She was on Fromm Game Bird. I'll likely continue to rotate.

I really like NOW, Canine Caviar, and Fromm... hah.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 09-23-2013, 01:02 PM
orange iguanas.

Right now Juno is on Go salmon, due to the pricing error. She'll still be on it for quite a few months lol but I won't continue with it when it's gone. We might go back to raw or give Back To Basics a try. She normally does better on grain inclusive but I like to try things.

Lucy and Happy are both on Fromm Gold. It's good quality, it's cheap, and they do fine on it.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Pan right now is being fed Pulsar Horizon and raw. Teagan is fed Prey model raw.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 09-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Raw. Premade, minced meat offal and bone (and blood). Imagine putting a whole rabbit in a mincer... It's like that. Gross. We feed all different varieties, ranging from beef to tripe to oily fish to chicken mixes. We also give them turkey necks, bones, chickens feet, chicken backs. We suppliment with salmon oil, and cider vinegar honey mix (well, we need to mix some more up when we remember).
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Chihuahua Power!

All 5 of our dogs are on raw.

If I forget to thaw out their food I'll either give them canned or g/f kibble.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep