Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Question Why is it.....

Why is it, when a dog gets spayed, they start humping everything. Beulah just got spayed last week, and now she is starting to hump everything, She's never done this before...It's kind of embarrasing when I have company and she gets exicted and starts humping them.....LOL
Old 02-18-2005, 11:53 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor tried that on Mary last week and I told him to knock it off right now..it is a dominence thing.i don't think it just happens to females..Victor is going thru his "teens" and is trying out quite a few dominence moves that aren't going to work either..I will give him an e for effort tho.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Big Dog

LOL...that's funny. Chili used to hump my husband's arm when she went through her heat cycles, but she hasn't done it since we got her spayed. I guess dogs react in different ways. I thought that spaying was supposed to make them UNexcited.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Felurian

It may take awhile for those behaviours to stop. Any kind of medical procedure that involves anesthesia is a profound insult to the system, and some dogs react differently. Beulah could even be feeling a bit displaced and just be trying to reassert herself a bit.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-18-2005, 10:58 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

That wasn't what Victor's problem was..I know what Victor is trying to do..and it isn't going to work I aint a talking about mating either..mr dominance (sp?) he won't be!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:03 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i had a little dog that "loved" the pink fuzzy slipper..nothing else. not even a different color. Don't know why either..her's was not a dominence problem, she was actually kind of descrete.