Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Default A good muzzle for 24/7 wear?

I have a 1 year old Am Bully *glare* that has taken it in her head to hoover everything in sight like some kind of PICA shark, and after today wherein she ate a huge wad of playdoh, half a roll of paper towels, 5 rolls of poop bags, and some dry pancake mix, I am DONE. Also Im out of peroxide.

What is a good style of muzzle for keeping things out of mouths, that still allows panting and drinking, and is light and comfortable?
Old 09-20-2013, 05:20 PM
LABRADERP!

Crating and better supervision
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 09-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttkip View Post
Crating and better supervision
That is not what I asked
Old 09-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

I really like Baskerville muzzles for their comfort/long term wear. However, having only used it on my non-hoovering dog, I don't know if it would successfully prevent them eating/chewing things with the muzzle on. I've shoved small treats through the muzzle for him, but as he refuses to eat things that aren't food, I don't really have any experience there. Baskervilles are definitely my top choice as far as comfort and durability and fitting and everything goes!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

A Baskerville Ultra muzzle would be quite comfortable (as far as muzzles go) but I can't think of any muzzle that allows a dog to drink while wearing it.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Kung Pow Fish

well pewp. i looked at those and they dont come in shapes for extremely short wide muzzles. the length of snout she needs would be so narrow it wouldnt even go ON. so far with googling, the only ones iv found that come in a boxer/pitbull/rottie/brachy "style" are wire basket muzzles by leerburg, and i dont want wire, i dont think that would be very comfortable at all
Old 09-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Resident fainting goat

We walk a pittie at work that wears a muzzle when out because he eats EVERYTHING (I mean like..rocks.. gravel..dirt.. garbage.. ) and he is strong enough to pull us towards what he wants.
I will try to check out the brand when I walk him tomorrow because he also has quite a short snout
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure it's dean & tyler.. it is black with silver wire. He can pant and it seems comfortable for him (it has soft felt on certain parts so it doesn't rub his nose)

and I think certain people who keep their dogs outside in kennels need to roll back the attitude on how to manage indoor dogs better.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
kand I think certain people who keep their dogs outside in kennels need to roll back the attitude on how to manage indoor dogs better.
YES. I didn't want to be that bitch, but yes!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
We walk a pittie at work that wears a muzzle when out because he eats EVERYTHING (I mean like..rocks.. gravel..dirt.. garbage.. ) and he is strong enough to pull us towards what he wants.
I will try to check out the brand when I walk him tomorrow because he also has quite a short snout
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure it's dean & tyler.. it is black with silver wire. He can pant and it seems comfortable for him (it has soft felt on certain parts so it doesn't rub his nose)

and I think certain people who keep their dogs outside in kennels need to roll back the attitude on how to manage indoor dogs better.

UUUUUGGGHHHH OMG thats exactly her. bloody weirdo dogs! as i was googling and reading replies just now, i caught her with her head behind some suitcases in my closet and she came out holding a fork. A FORKING FORK. she gave it up in exchange for her wubba but thank god she didnt try to eat THAT. the playdoh was enough of a scare

i refuse to crate my dog when im sitting right here interacting with them, infact i refuse to crate her at all except when im actually leaving the house. normal dogs are allowed to walk around my house and look at things and sniff things and go places like hallways, behind beds, and in kitchens. the fact that shes inhaling (its that fast) things that are ordinary household objects (like a roll of doggie pewp bags) and not food, is not reason to take away her rights to be a member of my family and exist freely. crating is boring and awful and when other dogs are allowed to be out, downright mean, and if i had a chain space or land, id rather she be out in THAT when im not here, and i will not let somebody, anybody, i dont care how their dogs live, make me feel guilty for giving my dog freedom to engage her brain and be a normal person
Old 09-20-2013, 08:16 PM
dogstrong

Quote:
I love you and this is why.

I like our Baskerville. Wouldn't ever do a 24/7 muzzle, though. Maybe have an ex pen to keep her in while you're around but not actively watching her some of the time, and alternate that and the muzzle?

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"