Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-20-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm All Ears

Default I have a derp agility question

Particularly USDAA....

Where is a rulebook that explains how you title? So Summer and I got 2 Qs last trial and now what? I looked at her USDAA record and there is nothing on there with her Qs... Im assuming the trial secretary emails that in, right?

I found a list of titles and how to move up (so for PII, you need a PI title, etc) but no list of how many Qs in a title and how to get the title recorded for your dog. I am probably dumb...

Anyways, totally embarrassed to ask, lol
Old 09-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

http://www.usdaa.com/rulesReg_eBook.cfm

Chapter 1 is what you're looking for! It's 3, 3, then 5.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-20-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm All Ears

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that.

How does it all get recorded? Am I supposed to do anything? I cant figure out if you can look up Qs or not.

Let's say by some miracle Summer and I Q both days in P1 gamblers in November... So now we have 3 Qs. Do we just automatically get the title? From then on I am supposed to enter her in PII gamblers (even without the PD title?)
Old 09-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Top Dog

USDAA is notoriously slow to update their online records, if you are using the competitor services. Gusto earned his PD about six weeks ago and just officially got his title.

Basically, you can move up two ways - per class, or per level.

3 Qs in any class allows you to move up. If you have 3 PI jumper Qs, you can move to PII even if you don't have any Qs in other classes.

OR

You can finish your PD title, which means a minimum of 3 Standard Qs, and one Q in each game (gamblers, jumpers, pairs, and snooker). Then you move up in all the classes at once, even if you don't have, for instance, 3 Qs in snooker.

The same rules apply to PII/Advanced, and your PIII/Masters title. Then for the championship there are tournament and Super Q requirements.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
How does it all get recorded? Am I supposed to do anything? I cant figure out if you can look up Qs or not.

Let's say by some miracle Summer and I Q both days in P1 gamblers in November... So now we have 3 Qs. Do we just automatically get the title? From then on I am supposed to enter her in PII gamblers (even without the PD title?)

Some trials allow next-day move-ups. So if you are running two days, and she gets Q #3 on Saturday, you can fill out a form with the secretary and you will be in PII on Sunday.

You can move up to PII as soon as you have 3 Qs, even without the PD title. I believe you can also choose to stay at PI in gamblers until you have the PD title. Someone told me that once and I never looked in to it, because I can't imagine NOT wanting to move up!

Old 09-20-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
USDAA is notoriously slow to update their online records, if you are using the competitor services. Gusto earned his PD about six weeks ago and just officially got his title.
Ah that makes me feel better. I was thinking I did something wrong since I can't see any Qs recorded. But I should be able to see them in the future when I go to Summer's page?

Will I have to wait till USDAA records all my Qs in their competitor services to enter Summer in PII? Can you continue to enter PI even if you have that title?

Quote:
Basically, you can move up two ways - per class, or per level.

3 Qs in any class allows you to move up. If you have 3 PI jumper Qs, you can move to PII even if you don't have any Qs in other classes.

OR

You can finish your PD title, which means a minimum of 3 Standard Qs, and one Q in each game (gamblers, jumpers, pairs, and snooker). Then you move up in all the classes at once, even if you don't have, for instance, 3 Qs in snooker.

The same rules apply to PII/Advanced, and your PIII/Masters title. Then for the championship there are tournament and Super Q requirements.
Let's say I go on to do PII gamblers before we get our 3 standard Qs. If I eventually end up with the PD title but don't have 3 Qs in all the games (say I only have 1 snookers Q) do we automatically bump up to the PII in everything?

So is the PD title separate? If Summer has 3 standard Qs, 3 gamblers Qs, 2 jumpers, and 1 snookers- she has the PD title and the PI gamblers (can't find the title list now- I swear their rules section is confusing as heck). But If I wanted to get the PI jumpers, she'd still need a Q in jumpers?

For some reason I thought PD was what you got after you got all PI titles. Does AKC do it that way or am I just making things up?

What's a Super Q?

/noob/

Last edited by Laurelin; 09-20-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
You don't have to do anything. You'll get the title in the mail eventually.

Some trials allow next-day move-ups. So if you are running two days, and she gets Q #3 on Saturday, you can fill out a form with the secretary and you will be in PII on Sunday.
How long should it take to have Summer's Qs from July in the system? If she Qs twice in November do I need proof of her Q in July as well as the ones in November to move her up?

Quote:
You can move up to PII as soon as you have 3 Qs, even without the PD title. I believe you can also choose to stay at PI in gamblers until you have the PD title. Someone told me that once and I never looked in to it, because I can't imagine NOT wanting to move up!
Oh yeah I can't imagine not wanting to move up but was thinking if the Qs weren't recorded yet you might have to hang out in PI?

SO MANY QUESTIONS. Sorry I appreciate it. I asked someone and was told to read the rule book and it's making no sense to me at all.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

OMG. This sounds super confusing to me LOL. So don't feel bad because my eyes are crossing a bit reading it.

In AKC at least, you can move up whenever you have the three Qs regardless if it's been reported in their system yet. Like say tomorrow Payton gets his third NAJ Q... I could move him up to Open Jumpers on Sunday even though (obviously) the third Q and title wouldn't be in the system yet. Nobody would intentionally move up artificially because if you did, your Qs at that next level wouldn't count.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-20-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm All Ears

OK, if I go to competitor services and click on Summer's name should I see results (Qs) anywhere? Or do you just see titles?
Old 09-20-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
OMG. This sounds super confusing to me LOL. So don't feel bad because my eyes are crossing a bit reading it.

In AKC at least, you can move up whenever you have the three Qs regardless if it's been reported in their system yet. Like say tomorrow Payton gets his third NAJ Q... I could move him up to Open Jumpers on Sunday even though (obviously) the third Q and title wouldn't be in the system yet. Nobody would intentionally move up artificially because if you did, your Qs at that next level wouldn't count.
That makes sense.

I need to stop panic-mode because I have no idea where to look to know if the July Qs are in the system. I keep thinking they must not have recorded them, which is totally illogical because I got the results email the couple days after the trial.

I haven't even started looking at AKC but I need to start soon. Hoping Summer is ready for novice late fall/winter.