Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-20-2013, 07:17 AM
I'm All Ears

Biweekly on fridays- every 80 hours put in. I'm hourly technically but since I never do OT its pretty much salary. I work a set schedule every week of a standard work week so there's never any wonder if I'm going to be scheduled. They really discourage overtime unless necessary. I'm paid the exact same amount every time. I do like the three friday months.... 3 paychecks in a month is nice lol.

We also get a christmas bonus (small) and a end of the year bonus around christmas. I like that time of year. I feel rich, haha, but it mostly all goes to buying gifts though.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:43 AM
~Lisa~

I get paid every week. I'm paid a commission. so all depends how many dogs I groom and how expensive their groom was.

I make around the same eery week give or take 100 bucks or so. so its easy for me to figure out what it will be. And if i want extra, I book extra clients.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Top Dog

I get paid every other Friday, and hourly. I work 40 hours a week, so 80 hours on a paycheck, but it usually ranges from 75-80 hours on each paycheck, depending on my schedule those weeks - if I had a shorter day or whatever. My paychecks don't vary more than $50 in either direction.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Not a Border Collie

Once every two weeks. On Friday Hourly.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 09-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Sit! Good dog.

TODAY!! Yay. I love this day every month

Eta, you all get paid every 2 weeks?? Nice! I think?? It's usual here to be paid monthly unless you do casual work.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Wild At Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Every job I've had has been biweekly so I'm used to it. Back when I worked very part-time minimum wage jobs, it was nice because I felt like I was making more money lol... getting a check for $140 just seemed more satisfying than a check for $70.
I will say that getting my paycheck monthly (and it being a pretty decent amount), does make it a little bit more satisfying If I got paid weekly, my paychecks would be around $150 (give or take some - depends on if the office is closed for any holidays, I have to take off early, etc.), but with monthly it just seems like I get so much more

Harleigh <3
Old 09-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Show Dog

I'm paid bi-weekly and I'm hourly which I prefer. I rarely work any overtime but if I do I want to be paid for it. My company isn't above screwing people over through. In some of the really busy departments they have "promoted" some people to salary so they don't have to pay them overtime.

If the company is doing really well we get a yearly bonus... I've been with the company 8.5 years and I've gotten 3 bonuses. They usually equate to about the same as a normal paycheck after taxes.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm All Ears

The professionals are all salaried here and it's because they do so much overtime. They have to get up several times a night even on weekends for updates. Yeah... Not for me. But they have a much more lax out of office policy than us hourlies do. I have to record 15 mins or longer and they can take up to 4 hours without it counting as time off. But still... Waking up at 2-3 times every night and being on call 24/7... I'll take my shedule.

In 2 years here I have never worked overtime really. My boss will instead let you take off early or come in late instead. As long as uour week balances out.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:49 AM
dogstrong

I usually have something coming in 5/7 days/week. I get paid whenever someone picks their dog up, or whenever a training session has been completed.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 09-20-2013, 12:09 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I get paid every 2 weeks, hourly wage.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)