Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Top Dog

Default PAL/ILP Registration

Anyone ever done it?

I would like to get Jackson doing some Earthdog this fall, and it seems in order to do the tests or get titles, you need an AKC registered dog OR a PAL/ILP.

Just wondering if anyone has it, and how quickly they hear back. Looks like there's a $35 nonrefundable fee.

Also, should I just register him as a Silky Terrier since I'm going to send in his pictures and they will probably be like "That's not a yorkie!" lol.

I was going to use these pictures:

Even after I pay, and send this in, can they NOT accept, or do they typically always?

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I don't know Yorkies and Silkies well enough to give you guidance there, but typically if your ILP application is denied, which it can be, they can give you a Canine Partners (mix breed) number instead.

ETA: I don't know if they always do that, though. Either way, once you submit the form and fee it is nonfundable. If denied, they still evaluated the application and keep the fee for doing so.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

I haven't done it yet, but I will be for Blossom as she's not registered. The bottom picture you posted doesn't meet requirements as it needs to show his front all the way down to his feet. The top pic I think would be fine, though a plainer background would probably be ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Even after I pay, and send this in, can they NOT accept, or do they typically always?
They can deny you the number if they don't feel he's a member of the breed you submit him as. That said, it's my understanding that they're fairly relaxed. People told me I could easily ILP Mackenzy as a purebred Cocker, which she certainly is not. I don't think you'd have any issue getting him listed as a Yorkie or Silky, honestly.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Top Dog

I got an ILP on a german shepherd many moons ago. I suppose they can reject it, but if your honest in the application , send in the pictures required and a copy of the neuter/spay certificate, you shouldn't have a problem

Didn't take long to receive it, maybe 10 days or so
Diane
Old 09-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I haven't done it yet, but I will be for Blossom as she's not registered. The bottom picture you posted doesn't meet requirements as it needs to show his front all the way down to his feet. The top pic I think would be fine, though a plainer background would probably be ideal.

They can deny you the number if they don't feel he's a member of the breed you submit him as. That said, it's my understanding that they're fairly relaxed. People told me I could easily ILP Mackenzy as a purebred Cocker, which she certainly is not. I don't think you'd have any issue getting him listed as a Yorkie or Silky, honestly.
Awesome, thanks.

Actually, the pic of his face does show his legs in the original (I must have accidentally posted my avatar lol)... but I am going to try to find a better one.

The body shot I was going to crop out, do you think that would be okay or should I take a new one?

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

Hmm, maybe this one? I'm looking thru my photos, I actually don't have too many of him standing and facing me lol.

or this

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

I'm getting Nola's PAL as soon as I decide on a reg. name.

If Jackson's not purebred, there's Canine Partners for mixed breeds.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 09-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Canine Partners is great for rally, OB, and agility, but dogs can't do breed specific activities without a PAL/ILP. Canine Partners aren't eligible for Earth Dog, herding, coursing... etc

Old 09-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaNola View Post
I'm getting Nola's PAL as soon as I decide on a reg. name.

If Jackson's not purebred, there's Canine Partners for mixed breeds.
Yeah, like what Emily said, I don't think Canine Partners would work for earthdog. And I'm pretty positive he is a purebred Yorkie (just totally out of standard), I mean there is nothing else in him... he doesn't have any resemblance to any other breeds besides a Silky or Yorkie (which are closely related as it is, but Silky's are more 'rare'). Personality wise he matches all Silky descriptions to a tee. I did see his mother when I got him the from the in-home 'breeder' (out of a classifieds ad) and she was totally Yorkie. Was about 9lbs. The 'breeder' told me his father was 7lbs. But did not meet him, only a picture, and he looked yorkie too. No idea how my monster turned into my big 17lb'er LOL but I am glad. I do know of another purebred Yorkie who was nearing 20lbs. Genetics are funny.

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Top Dog

I would think if they looked at these pics, they'd probably go for Silky Terrier over a purebred Yorkie though but maybe I'm wrong.

Brit & Jackson