Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-25-2015, 06:05 PM
Top Dog
Default Toys for Destructive Dog

I want to get my aunt and uncle's lab "puppy" (she's a year old) a toy or two for Christmas. I don't know too much about what she likes to play with but I do know one thing...she eats stuff. Lots of stuff. I swear every picture I've seen with her she has a shaved front leg because she had to go to the vet for consuming something dangerous (large amounts of dead crabs, bathing suits, kids toys, etc.). They've spent thousands at the vet. So I need something really hard to destroy. Any thoughts?

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-25-2015, 06:42 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Abrams destroys most toys.

His all time FAVORITE is a large Cuz (with the feet cut off). He loves loves loves loves it. We also have another toy by JW that is a nylabone-esque toy surrounded by a squeaky ball with Cuz like material. It is also his baby. (Ah, here we are: He is able to shred/break/kill most other ball toys - these hang out forever.

We also have a Kong Huggz that he may have destroyed in his younger days, but LOVES now. The squeaker has not died and he abuses it. He doesn't try to shred the ears or paws, though, not sure how it would stand up to that. (
Cynder, Daddy's girl Little Lab muttly and Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever
~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~

Old 11-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Top Dog

West Paw Zogoflex toys. I haven't actually heard of any dogs eating these?

Old 11-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Top Dog

Venice's front incisors snipped a Zogoflex Bumi clean in half. She wasn't even chewing it, just tugging with me. IME the toy was extremely delicate.

Nylabones or black kongs? I know they're sort of 'boring' as far as toys go, but Venice has a fun time chucking her kong around and for a lab that mouths everything they'd probably do the trick.