Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Default Mad Dog Metalworks

Anybody ever dealt with them? Hows their turn around? Customer service?

Did you like your tag? How has it held up? Did you get it just for a saying, much like a Fetching Tag, or did you get it with home numbers as well?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 08-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

Default Mad Dog Metalworks

I ordered mine a little less than two weeks ago maybe and I'm still waiting but that's what their etsy site said. I asked for a lightning bolt and I just saw that they just now got a lightning bolt stamp the other day so maybe that's why they've been holding off.

I've never had either a MDM tag or a fetching tag for my own dogs but I did get a Fetching Tag for our old clinic dog and it stained his white fur grey.

Edited to add,
It's a Harry potter themed tag so the front says I Solemnly Swear I am up to No Good and on the back it says Accio Humans! With my phone number. It will match his Mischief Managed embroidered collar I've ordered.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

ETA: changed my mind... not professional. If their facebook page still exists you can look back at last year and research on your own...

My Fetching Tags all have names and phone numbers on the back and so does this one. I never took a photo and posted it because I was upset about the whole ordeal and it took a long time for me to look at the tag and not be upset about it. That said, I do like it. It's thinner than Fetching Tags which some people like. They are made on pre-cut blanks rather than how Fetching Tags makes their own blanks. Payton wears both and he often wears them into the lake and they are both fine.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-24-2013, 08:05 PM
dogstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
ETA: changed my mind... not professional. If their facebook page still exists you can look back at last year and research on your own...
I can't say I'm impressed either.

I've ordered twice, first took approximately three months for me to get... second took about 6 weeks. While I like my stuff, I think it's slightly overpriced to begin with, combine that with the horrible customer service....

Yeah.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 08-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Silence, peasants.

As another alternative to fetching tags if you decide to go elsewhere, I ordered from here: https://www.facebook.com/DivaDogCharms

Their stuff seems nice and is half the price of a fetching tag. I got a saying, and phone number on the back. Seems like satisfied customers on the fb page.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 08-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Top Dog

The other shop that I contemplated ordering from was called critterbling on etsy. They have a cute kids writing font and answered all my questions right away.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Hmm.. looks like I will be looking elsewhere, then. Looking into the Diva Dog Charms now.

Thanks all! Bummer they aren't that great, I like a lot of the new symbols they just got in.

ETA: Anyone dealt with makeyourdogsmile on Etsy? I like their ID bars.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 08-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Top Dog

I have ordered two MDM tags. I'm very pleased with both of them. The first tag I ordered back in Feb. I ordered it on a Friday night and received it on Tuesday. I ordered my second tag in June. Their etsy site said 15 days and that's exactly how long it took.

I also have a Fetching Tag. There are pros and cons to both. I have A LOT of writing on my MDM tags and FTs will only allow you so many words. That said, what I like more about FTs is that my tag is over a year and a half old and it looks brand new. My MDM tag made in Feb has obvious wear on the edges.

I received a Diva Dog Charms tag a couple weeks ago now and it's amazing! She fit a lot of writing on the back of my tag. Possibly my new favorite tag maker! And so much cheaper than either Mad Dog Metalworks and Fetching Tags!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:38 PM
*Biter*

I like my MDM tags. They're very cost effective for me, having a dog that loves to damage and lose tags, and they hold up extremely well to his abuse. I also love that she special ordered a stamp for the idea I had for Corvus' tags. The wait is...well, not so bad anymore because I expect it. That's my only negative comment about MDM..and it's not a deal breaker because I know when I get the tags I'm going to be satisfied and they are going to last.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
I need a signature re-vamp. Anyone up for the task?

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Old 08-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

I've heard a lot of good things about Aggie's Anvil. I have not ordered from them yet, but I likely will in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/AggiesAnvil