Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Everyone likes to say EL stole designs.

There never was, nor ever has been any proof whatsoever that they did, aside from conjecture, as well as perhaps bad timing.

Sorry, but accusations of theft of artwork get me.

As well, there are only so many ways you can put conchos on a collar people.
This.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Top Dog

I won a free collar in a contest years and years ago. It didn't fit my dog well and I didn't like the leather. I sent it with my GSD foster. I haven't seen it on her in a single picture so I don't know the status anymore.

I've had no reason to purchase a leather collar for my own dogs. I did purchase a collar from them for my old bosses dog, and I liked it a lot. My only complaint was how heavy it was... but it was a double layer so I think I was asking for that!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 09-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Everyone likes to say EL stole designs.

There never was, nor ever has been any proof whatsoever that they did, aside from conjecture, as well as perhaps bad timing.

Sorry, but accusations of theft of artwork get me.

I have to say, I thought that at first. But the evidence is pretty damning. And it seems that more than just the few here have had bad customer service, inferior products and threats issued to them. Here is a blog that came up through a very simple google search using the words.."Ellas Lead customer service reviews".

http://www.namastedogs.com/ellas-lea...nt-shop-there/

So. As I said before. Opinions, take them or leave them..but they can't be wrong, they're someone's original thoughts. Just sayin.

*Bad timing could happen once but repetively, over and over...well, that's more than bad timing.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I have to say, I thought that at first. But the evidence is pretty damning. And it seems that more than just the few here have had bad customer service, inferior products and threats issued to them. Here is a blog that came up through a very simple google search using the words.."Ellas Lead customer service reviews".

http://www.namastedogs.com/ellas-lea...nt-shop-there/

So. As I said before. Opinions, take them or leave them..but they can't be wrong, they're someone's original thoughts. Just sayin.

*Bad timing could happen once but repetively, over and over...well, that's more than bad timing.
I've seen that before as well. Meh.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Actually who cares?

They're strips of leather with fancy shiney on them. They ain't even that hard to make yourself if you have the tools..... Ya know.

There's a finite amount of places you can stick a shiney. And if they bear resemblance, well..... And what?

Until paco starts copywriting their designs (do they??) then sorry..

Also, the bad reviews from this forum were when THEY JUST SET UP THE COMPANY!!! Like brand new, hobby company. Yeah everyone screws up from time to time, quality ALWAYS improved in craft work.

And again, who cares, they're bits of cow with studs! Shop around for the best price and quality that suits you. I personally don't think you can claim a particular design as MINE unless there is something really unique about it, and it's copyrighted.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Top Dog

It seems the people who support EL care. As I said, matter of opinions. Mine is different and NOT from when the company fastest started.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:43 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Right? This is making me laugh. Out of all the people making collars out there, no one has similar designs just because... this?

The first sketch of the design I sent in for Squash's custom collar, EL wouldn't do because it was too close to a competitor's design. At the time I had never seen a collar by the competitor in my life, so... yea it's not that unbelievable to me that more than one person would come up with similar designs since I apparently DID that. Obviously they are hypersensitive about it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
Accusations of theft are not opinions, and can be wrong. Just sayin.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Okay, I must say "oops, it just happened to look like that design" is a really lame excuse. (Additionally there are art laws and cease and desist laws can and have been filed amongst the collaring community)

That's like saying there are only so many ways to photograph or film or paint something. Talk about selling ones self short.

Sure, designs will be similar, sure they may draw from one another, but timing plays a part. Having just made my own leather collar from scratch and gone, crap, I need something to draw inspiration from, because I'm drawing a blank, I understand. In the end I copied the Xdog design, Denis copied nothing and his looks like nothing because it is a complete original.

To say a skilled artist is limited by their craft is wrong though, give me a subject and I will give you well over 100 ways to photograph it. Collar designs obviously are not stunted, judging by the variety of custom and standard designs.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:03 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Okay, I must say "oops, it just happened to look like that design" is a really lame excuse.
Like I said, I actually DID it, using a piece of jewelry I own as the inspiration for a design. So it just doesn't seem that unbelievable to me that two people just might come up with similar designs.

But it is pretty well known that I am a lame excuse for a human being, so maybe you are right.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Glutton for Crazy

That says that artists have no talent, they merely luck into designs, yes? They don't spend time considering, researching, weighing options, they just throw **** together and say, take it or leave it?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.