Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

Default Ella's Lead collars?

Does anyone have them? Are they as good/durable as Paco Collars? I love Nola's two PCs, and want other, but I can't afford to drop $75 right now. Ella's lead seems similar and less expensive. Any experience with them?

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 09-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Bored Now.

I can't compare them with Paco, but I can tell you the leather collars, leads, and the rope leads are fabulous. Make sure you specify that you are looking for a durable leather that will work on-leash (avoid the cat collar stuff if you want durability) or go with her regular black or saddle colors.

I've had mine for nearly 2 years now, and while I shouldn't have had it lined with soft blue suede, I'm 100% happy with my purchase. The leather is soft and supple, and I've had it dragged around in mud and in the river tons of times. Middie and I went swimming with it this morning, actually. The swimming and his general dirtiness has ruined the suede, but it's still securely attached to the rest of the collar.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:23 PM
such sights to show you

Personally, I like them and have only had good experiences with their service and products. I have both leather and "vegan" leather collars from them and like them all.

They are the ones who made Squash's "Krypto" collar for his Halloween costume last year and also helped me make a custom design for his first birthday present.

I don't have any Pacos, so I can't compare, but I've been happy with the quality and durability of my EL collars.

ETA: Here is one of Maisy's EL collars:

And Pip's vegan. Love this for swimming:

Last edited by sassafras; 09-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Teagan has one collar and that is her Ella's lead collar and I love it. I've had it for about over 2 years now and its holding up very well. Teagan wears that thing in the water, sand, mud. I plan on getting Panzer a vegan collar once he is fully grown.

And in a few years I plan on getting a vegan for Teagan as well. Since they are a little more durable in the water. But yes, I would recommend them.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 09-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Top Dog

I have 2 tag collars(3/4in wide),from them & love them.One is black with rainbow spots and the other one is burgundy with alternating brass spots.
These were quite affordable and are great for everyday use and swimming.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I have a black leather/brass hardware custom service lead from them. It's tough and seems well made. I don't use it enough to give it a full review but the workmanship seems very good, and their speed and customer service (customization) was also very good. I have pictures of it from when I first got it -- I think they have a Chaz thread of their own somewhere.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I've never had a leather collar before, but I have one from Ella's Lead. It's really nice, I love the collor, had it for years and it is still so soft and has held up to swimming, mud, everything really well. The only thing with it is the red color of the collar will bleed on to Talon's neck if it's soaked in water too much. Art never had that problem as he will swim but for short periods of time. Talon sits and soaks in the water. lol

Other than that I love it! ^_^
Old 09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Top Dog

Love blitzs. He's a rough little dog and runs himself into the nastiest stuff he can find and swims with it etc. since he doesn't have another dog to tangle with anymore its on him almost all the time. Meaning to get another.

Got my dad the train one for Xmas for his dog. Love that to!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 09-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Top Dog

I have like 7 of them LOL. You could say I have a problem

Love them, they're the only place I go to for leather collars (I have 3 or 4 leads from them too). I just can't justify the price of Paco's when I love my EL's so much.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Not a Border Collie

I have 3 (although the third is used very rarely, as it's very special!) and love them all. Great quality and workmanship. I have nothing but great things to say about their customer service, Rebecca is super clear and makes all her hardware options easily available (and easy to order online) which I really appreciate! That was one thing that I wasn't thrilled about with Paco, I love my leashes from them but they came with itty bitty snaps that I wouldn't have put on Quinn, and then later told that they were the standard hardware for that width of leash. So I love that EL has all the hardware options and sizes readily available, so if you want it customized you know exactly what you're getting and what your choices are.

Quinn - English Shepherd