I want to Henna my hair.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I am still having some colour off in the shower, but my hair colour doesn't seem to be fading at all...

I noticed a missed a spot (right on the top of my head, visible if I part my hair the wrong way) and my roots are starting to show ALREADY! so I will be redoing mine soon ish. When I do, I will mix more lemon juice in with it.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I didn't add anything to mine because I guess with the Lush stuff you don't have to... it has lemon oil or whatever added in.... maybe next time I will add some of my own though?

I wonder if part of the problem with mine too was the temperature of it, it wasn't really hot at all, and I know some people like sit under a hair dryer when they have henna on their hair, so I don't know! Lots of things to ponder for next time. I should have researched more. :) So impulsive lol.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
My head was wrapped with saran wrap, a bag and a winter hat, so I don't think I lacked heat.. Not sure what my problem was.
I bet it was the acid content. Again some folks do fine with just the boiling water, but most I've seen need a decent amount of lemon juice. Balance is still important (I've done almost full lemon juice and it dried out my hair badly) but with an approximate half and half mixture it turns out fab on almost everyone.

Here's another awesome article. If you scroll down to mixes, you'll see samples involving all sorts of balances of acidic content.

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56615

Members online

No members online now.