Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-01-2013, 08:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default Work from home

Just curious... Anyone know anything about real work from home opportunities that AREN'T things like partylite, scentsy, home show type things? That isnjust NOT my thing at all.

I would love to be able to earn a few bucks at home on my schedule but with so many scams I am wondering if anyone has any experience.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Top Dog

I did internet assessment through Lionsgate for a bit. It was not for me so I didnt last long but several of my friends did it for a couple years.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:37 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I did internet assessment through Lionsgate for a bit. It was not for me so I didnt last long but several of my friends did it for a couple years.
Hmmm what did that entail? Sounds intriguing

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Resident fainting goat

I have a family relation who does logging audio to text (she listens to a speech, play, lecture etc..) and types down exactly what is said/a few other administrative stuff (like data reviewing and things like that)

Most of it is really flexible and doesn't require really learned skills (other than a few instructions you are given)..it just takes a big chunk of time to kind of sit down and get it done (multi-tasking is not an option usually) BUT She works through Flexjobs, they make sure there are no scams and she picks up jobs when her schedule is light. It isn't a permanent gig but you get to pick/choose

http://www.flexjobs.com/ lots of freelance/telecommunication work
Old 09-01-2013, 08:42 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I have a family relation who does logging audio to text (she listens to a speech, play, lecture etc..) and types down exactly what is said/a few other administrative stuff (like data reviewing and things like that)

Most of it is really flexible and doesn't require really learned skills (other than a few instructions you are given)..it just takes a big chunk of time to kind of sit down and get it done (multi-tasking is not an option usually) BUT She works through Flexjobs, they make sure there are no scams and she picks up jobs when her schedule is light. It isn't a permanent gig but you get to pick/choose

http://www.flexjobs.com/ lots of freelance/telecommunication work
Thank you

G.K. Chesterton

Old 09-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Top Dog

Its hard to explain but basically you look at results from an internet search and rate them.

There are all kinds of crazy rules and examples and it drove me crazy because my brain doesnt work like they wanted it to lol...but its not really "hard" and they totally train you.

There also arent set hours to do it which is nice, can just fit it in when you can
Old 09-01-2013, 08:46 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Its hard to explain but basically you look at results from an internet search and rate them.

There are all kinds of crazy rules and examples and it drove me crazy because my brain doesnt work like they wanted it to lol...but its not really "hard" and they totally train you.

There also arent set hours to do it which is nice, can just fit it in when you can
It may be worth a shot. our preschool is having a big enrollment crisis and I may be out of a job this year so looking for just a little something on the side.

Do you have a link?

G.K. Chesterton

Old 09-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My uncle was just saying last night that this is what my cousin has been doing:
http://fiverr.com/

I legit know nothing about it right now, but apparently it is working well enough for him. He got laid off and was between jobs and started doing this. He doesn't have a lot of expenses though, so it's not like he's making enough to pay a mortgage or anything off it.

Apparently what he does is do video testimonials and stuff. And he's gotten a few companies who send him all their work now because they like him. I guess there's a whole bunch of stuff you can do on there though!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Twin 2.0

I know some people who do medical transcription from home. You have to take a course to learn "doctor speak", but it supposedly pays pretty well.

Whatever happened to Hannah's Hands? I wear the earrings you made nearly every day and have been wanting more.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My uncle was just saying last night that this is what my cousin has been doing:
http://fiverr.com/

I legit know nothing about it right now, but apparently it is working well enough for him. He got laid off and was between jobs and started doing this. He doesn't have a lot of expenses though, so it's not like he's making enough to pay a mortgage or anything off it.

Apparently what he does is do video testimonials and stuff. And he's gotten a few companies who send him all their work now because they like him. I guess there's a whole bunch of stuff you can do on there though!
Thanks for the link good to know. I don't need anything full time or anything but just something extra to take the place if the preschool has tomclose this uear which was only 8 hours a week but provided
Our "mad money"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I know some people who do medical transcription from home. You have to take a course to learn "doctor speak", but it supposedly pays pretty well.

Whatever happened to Hannah's Hands? I wear the earrings you made nearly every day and have been wanting more.
I still have my etsy sight but things are very ebb
And flow there. Valentines day, mothers day, wedding season, Christmas... I am quite busy. Other times it is hit and miss.

I an so glad to hear you still love your earrings I don't often get to hear feedback later on beyond when people first receive their items

Funny thing... First time I typed out love... I typed lobe lol

G.K. Chesterton