Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh and Nikki would chew. you. out if you told her to do something and she didn't want to. Like if she was asleep and you told her to go potty. She'd go.... but be snarking the entire way out the door. I am pretty sure it was full of a bunch of doggy expletives. lol

She was a really cool dog.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Top Dog

Danes tend to be big talkers. Not the same noises as huskies but lots of wooing, grumbling, and the like.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Active Pup

My German shepherd was quite the talker. It was one of the traits I absolutely adored about him.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I wish Indy was a talker. I have a lot of one sided conversations with her. I usually fill in her answers though. She's a snarky bitch.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Spanish Pup

Natasha speaks, and even if she's not a really noisy dog (I allow her to bark once or twice if she hears something strange, no more) she will do some weird noises combined with howling and barking when we get home, and when playing, sometimes too. It's fun.
Also, when she had to do something she doesn't want. Yep, my dog complains xD

-Owned by Natasha, a podenco mix.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:02 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Although Abrams isn't a talker per say...no one told me Chessies were this vocal or had such a wide variety of noises. LOL (Well, no, I lied. His breeder told me when I picked him up. But none of the literature did!)

He arroooos, he grumbles, he barks, he whines....and although he doesn't "talk" to me when I talk to him (like my Malamute did growing up), he certainly has his wide variety of noises. Definitely not the "strong, silent" type like Blackie was. LOL

What cracks me up the most is that when he is SUPER happy and excited he'll "grumble". Which sounds like a growl. He does it when he sees someone he is super excited to greet, when he's bringing a ball or toy back to you, when he comes in from outside first thing in the morning, etc., etc. It is SO FREAKING CUTE, and yet everyone who hears it freezes up and says, "Did he just growl at me?" and they won't pet him or reach down to take his toy. No, he's not growling, he makes that noise when he is super happy!

Old 08-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Top Dog

Pirate loves to talk but I don't think it's a breed trait or anything. I think he just likes to hear his voice. He's always roooooing. To the cats. To the dogs. To people. I think it's his, "Hey! Come play with me!" talk.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Top Dog

As a breed, I understand Schnauzers are talkers. I know the Schnauzer mix we had growing up was quite vocal. He made a noise that actually sounded like "out" if you said he needed to go out when you asked, among other vocalizations.

Individually, Caleb is quite the talker. He moans, groans, "sings", "harrumphs", and grunts like a pig.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Top Dog

Staffords make a variety of creative noises.

They vary per dog. Tess here does more of a higher pitched trill, whereas Pirate sounds very much like a goat. I set up next to some Siberian Huskies at an agility trial once, and we were laughing that we got all the weird noise dogs in a central location.

What I like best about the Stafford noises is the bagpipe effect, where they can make 2 different noises at the same time.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:29 AM
retriever crazy

laika does a chewbacca impression.. she also makes many other different sounds.
i call her chewlaika when she does it lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ntyxBdKRs

D.O.B 11/27/10
D.O.B 08/09/12