Cat Collars?

crazedACD

Just curious, what are you guys using for cat collars? How do you feel about breakaway snaps, stretchy collars, non-breakaway? Are your cats indoor or outdoor?

I would love to get my girls some really nice collars (I was thinking leather, at least for Morgan) but there isn't any nice ones that are breakaway. And then I almost don't want breakaway because they get shucked off here and there.

Hmm..what do you guys use? Any favorite collar makers/websites?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
MorganCollars! Run by a member of Chaz, too :D (maxfox426)

Not leather, though :p But my ferrets all (except Nacho) have "cat collars" from her. I believe she has breakaway as well. I know her cats wear her collars as well, though I'm not sure what buckles/etc.

For leather.. I don't know. LOL Jessie had a Paco cat collar made for Rascal when he was sick. He never got to wear it, though. He passed away before it came in.

My cats each have a leather collar. One is from Paco Collars and the other three are from an etsy shop, IE Leather. They're almost identical to Paco though. Same design, same elastic safety strap.

Ella's Lead also has a cat collar section. I'm pretty sure they have the elastic safety strap too. They have some pretty colors and you can embroider them too!

SpringerLover

I adore Beastie Bands. It's all I've used for the last five or so years. I find them incredibly practical, cheap, boomerang tags slide on wonderfully (you can even order the two together), and my cats don't seem bothered by them.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I use the ones from Paco collars. They have elastic so they'll slip off if needed, but not quick releases. My cats lose quick-release collars almost immediately. Have had the Paco collars for 4 years or so, and they've held up very well.

I'm not overly particular with my cat's collar. He's indoor except when he's on a lead so I have a cheapo $10 breakaway from Petsmart on him. It's super glittery and stiff but he isn't bothered by it. Thinking of getting him a nice one since he has proven that he won't ruin or lose them.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed

Sparrow

I am using a cheap nylon one on Maiya to get her better trained to one before buying one from Ella's Lead. She is just a little thing, or I'd be getting her more an fancier ones. :-D

I do want breakaways, since she gets into a lot of crap. She is indoors only, so if (when) it comes off I'll only have the house to search. Maybe I'll train Zoe to the scent of leather while we're doing nosework!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Bought a cheap petsmart breakaway one and Whiskey scratched at his neck and within a day or so he had scratched off the hair on his throat so I've been so reluctant to try a collar in him again. :(.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
My cats wear my collars. They are strictly indoor cats, but have been known to knock out the window screens and go on a walkabout SOOOO they wear collars 24/7 with tags that read "I'M AN INDOOR CAT." Brats... lol

Anyhoo. My cat collars are nylon-based with breakaway buckles, and yes, I do make them myself. I've never had any luck with the stretchy-elastic kind personally, but I know many who swear by those with their cats.

My boys probably pop their collars off once every couple of months, usually by wrestling with each other, I think. Ticheli will actually bring his collar to me if he loses it so I can buckle it back on him. :p

Nakia

My boys (Neut and Eo) wear break away collars and are strictly indoor cats. I make them wear collars because as kittens they were both feral and I worry about them getting outside. When in new places they tend to revert back to feral kitten mode, with the bells on the collar it helps locate them. The ones I have are from fleet farm. Eo's keeps his on and it's always in good condition. Neut on the other hand is a polydactyl so he uses his "thumbs" to his advantage. :rolleyes: Also once he gets it off his favorite place to put it is in the water dish......:confused:

Eo

Neut

Members online

No members online now.