Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Big Mutts

We also love it. There's not many shows (especially reality ones) that we can watch as a family. But this one fits. I too love the they have their priorities straight and will not give when it comes to their values. Si, Phil and Jase are our favorites. My hubby now quotes Phil with the trademark "naw ".
Skittledoo: my man actually doesn't shave or cut his hair all the winter months because "it keeps him warm".
I also love the fact that Phil, Jase, and Willie all have highschool sweetheart wives. We got married young also and it irritates me when people use being married young as an excuse for why they divorced. It can be done and last forever.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:02 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
We also love it. There's not many shows (especially reality ones) that we can watch as a family. But this one fits. I too love the they have their priorities straight and will not give when it comes to their values. Si, Phil and Jase are our favorites. My hubby now quotes Phil with the trademark "naw ".
Skittledoo: my man actually doesn't shave or cut his hair all the winter months because "it keeps him warm".
I also love the fact that Phil, Jase, and Willie all have highschool sweetheart wives. We got married young also and it irritates me when people use being married young as an excuse for why they divorced. It can be done and last forever.
Ditto!

Lol hubby and I are on a Si kick... Everyyhig is "hey... It's on like bing bong Jack" lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

I am not as sensitive to it but other than a short prayer at the end I don't find that there is that much "religion" in the show. I din't feel that it's "in your face"... Not like they go around trying to convert people or anything, it's just part of who they are

As Jase says "it's God, Family, and ducks... In that order" lol
This. I am NOT a religious person at ALL. I hate being preached to, but I have no objections to the amount of religion in this show. They are filming a family and how they live their life and their religion is part of that.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
This. I am NOT a religious person at ALL. I hate being preached to, but I have no objections to the amount of religion in this show. They are filming a family and how they live their life and their religion is part of that.
I agree on all counts!

I love Duck Dynasty! And their older show, Duck Commander (a little more serious). I've been watching since the series premiere and have said since then that I can't ever remember laughing SO hard watching TV. I love Jase... and Phil and Si of course!

My mom saw the commercials and always thought it looked so stupid, despite me telling her for ages that she would love it. She saw the tail end of an episode one time and totally got why I loved it so much. LOVED Phil. She quoted him for like a week, when he's in the boat with his grandkids and says that they should go to Walmart and pick up a personality.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Super-Genius

This is a good summary of why this show is so successful.

http://robsumrall.wordpress.com/2012...eally-selling/
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

I think it's a nice show to watch when I want to watch funny and mindless T.V. I wouldn't say it's the best show ever. I'm not really a fan of rednecks or anything they generally stand for. Just not my thing. Although I wouldn't change the channel if it was on.

I'm surprised it is so popular, but I'm surprised Miley Cyrus is popular, so strange things happen.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/
Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

I'm just glad to see a show where the husband isn't just treated like a mindless boob who can't function without a nagging wife. Like Everybody Loves Raymond... don't get me wrong, I do watch the show sometimes and laugh but UGH I am always annoyed by the portrayal that men are idiots and wives are nagging ninnies and they just argue all day.

Phil and Kay have apparently had their hard times where Phil was a fool who wasn't very nice but eventually they worked themselves out and now I just love the way they love each other. You can just see it in the way they look at each other. Love it

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney