Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-23-2013, 09:28 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I watched it since everyone talks about it and makes it sound so great. I don't get it. I didn't find it interesting or funny at all.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I love the show. I'm married to a guy that would fit in with them though except Josh's beard is nowhere close. He would totally grow it out though.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:45 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

When I first heard about it I was like "WHAT... this sounds so stupid. A show about rednecks?" But oh man it's so much more than that lol.

It reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy's joke "you can't give rednecks money because they do stupid things with it".... like turn an old camper into a duck blind and put it up in a tree

the first episode I ever watched was the season premier this year where Phil and Kay renew their vows after 48 years I was hooked after that lol.

Jase is pretty hilarious. I like the one liner he comes out with when Willie takes them all to Hawaii and the air line loses his luggage and he ends up wearing a sarong and Jase says "you better be careful... the wind catches that just right and we're gonna get thrown out of here" lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Super-Genius

Love it. Ya gotta have a little redneck in you somewhere to appreciate it. The best part to me is they simply live who they are. Nothing in your face or full of pride....

But for me, the best parts are Phil's prayers at the end of most episodes. He is just so casual with God, the way it should be. Not in your face about it but not hiding it either.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Top Dog

I don't have cable, so I've not seen the show. All I know about it is that someone has a hunting Poodle, lol. A coworker said "they have a Poodle! It hunts!" and I said well that's what they should do,
Old 08-23-2013, 01:20 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
I don't have cable, so I've not seen the show. All I know about it is that someone has a hunting Poodle, lol. A coworker said "they have a Poodle! It hunts!" and I said well that's what they should do,
LOL that's uncle Si. He was having trouble finding a hunting dog and ended up getig this poodle as a duck retriever. Good episode lol Phil (the father and creater of the orional duck call for their multi million dollar company) was like... A poodle? Really? And then Si shot a duck an off went the dog and brought it back and Phil was like "well That'll teach me" lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Top Dog

Aw, it is a Brooks Poodle
Also apparently if I.answer a math security.question on my phone it answers it for me. Fancy
Old 08-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Top Dog

I've seen that show and it's so stupid. Duck Dynasty is like the rest of the dumb reality shows on TV.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinPinOwner View Post
I've seen that show and it's so stupid. Duck Dynasty is like the rest of the dumb reality shows on TV.
This!!!!

OMG, there are so many tv programmes like this. They will film ANYTHING!!!! Put some music over it, add some snappy cuts and voila! You could have a documentary series about donkeys pooing and people would watch it with glee. Crab fishermen, ice road truckers, pawn stars.... Seriously drivel!!!

And how, might you know all this, you may wonder??

My other half LOVES them. Gold diggers, barn hunters, junk rooters, bloody bog diving duck squakers.

Weirdo.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein