Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 08-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

I really think the price is huge deterrent, I pay $35-40 for two large ones. They don't last nearly as long as antlers, but I don't think it would be possible to break teeth on them, and they have no odour, which was a huge concern when I first got them, I mean they are made from milk, they should smell, but the don't.

But yep they are one of the few things eve Bristol will chew on.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Top Dog

I stopped buying them because of the price at the store we buy dog food at. When I started working at Petsmart I saw they had them and they are WAY cheaper than at the smaller independent stores. A large was like $10-12. For Tucker it lasts 2-3 weeks, so it's a good investment.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Puppy Dog

Default It's meat that cleans a cat/dog's teeth and gums

Raw or very lightly cooked meaty bones is what does the trick with the meat (and bone) scraping against the teeth and gums, removing plaque before it gets a chance to mature into a bacterial mix... any of the commercial chews or bones definitely shouldn't be trusted.

My Siberian had terrible brown teeth and gums bordering on periodontal disease when I found him; now both his teeth and gums are in excellent shape and radiate color.

Dr. Tom Lonsdale wrote two excellent books "Raw Meaty Bones Promotes Health" and "Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones"
Roger Biduk