Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Tea, I love tea. I say go to a tea shop and smell a whole bunch of teas. And the teas that you like the smell of take home. Teas should taste like how they smell.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 08-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Buy tea bags.

Put in pot.

Add hot water.

Et voila, you have just brewed some tea

And I don't even drink the stuff, and not only am I English, I am from YORKSHIRE. That will mean nothing to you, but it basically means I should almost bleed tea by all accounts.
If that's how you make tea, it's no wonder you don't like it!

Adagio.com is my go-to tea place. AND I TOTALLY FORGOT. If anyone want's a $5 coupon/certificate, PM me your email address and I'll send you one. (Sorry Meagan! If you haven't ordered yet let me know and I'll hook you up ).

There is surely SOME tea that you like. You just might not know it yer. Adagio has black, green, and white teas (plain and flavored) in addition to herbal tea (tisane, technically). Do you like fruity stuff? If so, their Orchard Sampler is a good starting point. https://www.adagio.com/herbal/index.html Black, green, and white teas all come in fruit flavors too. If you don't like it hot, try it cold. I'm not a fan of chai, but on occasion it's good. But most of the Chai stuff you get anywhere other than home-brewed is SUPER sweet and disgusting.

Adagio also has TARDIS tea that I LOVE, especially iced. It's Eary Grey based, but IT HAS A FREAKING TARDIS ON THE BAG. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE? Also, it comes in a 4 ounce bag instead of a 3 ounce bag. Because it's bigger on the inside. Obviously.
https://www.adagio.com/signature_ble...ml?blend=19749

As far as what you need? You already have a tea pot. You need a kettle. Any old kettle will do, but I love my electric kettle because it's faster. And it was free since I got it for Christmas, but it runs around $12. And I'm going to take it to work to make fresh tea at work (this just dawned on me the other day. I had been trying to make tea the night before and put it in a thermos, but it tasted like stale ass the next day). If you get loose tea, you need a strainer or tea bags to put it in. Tea bags can be found here: https://www.adagio.com/teaware/paper_filters.html

You also need a teaspoon for loose tea (that's sort of where the teaspoon got its name...) and a timer. Or the presence of mind to check the clock so you don't let it sit too long. Overbrewed tea is gross and bitter.

If you don't want to go for loose tea, Adagio also has most of their blends in pyramid bags. I also like the Lipton (gasp!) pyramid bags, especially the blackberry vanilla herbal.

Oh and if you find out you like black tea or just want to try one, I HIGHLY recommend Adagio's Irish Breakfast tea. Add a splash of milk. It's amazing. The best tea I've ever had. If you want to try out a more readily available (probably locally available) black tea, Typhoo, PG Tips, and Tetley British Blend are all fairly decent bagged teas. Though they still don't even come close to the Irish Breakfast from Adagio.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Top Dog

I always leave my tea bags in until I'm done drinking it, but I love strong tea, and probably why I don't like earl grey, but now I want the doctor who tea (thanks for that)...but earl grey tea should be Star Trek next gen!