Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
oh, you can out exercise diet I did all thru college and for quite a while after. Then I got to a point where I didn't want to do that anymore. I averaged close to 10K calories per day and that didn't count all the liquid carbs we'd drink , I don't remember all the specifics, but I did diet analysis for a couple classes and lets say I was in the "danger" zone for almost everything

I was about 6% body fat and the best shape of my life, but my whole life was activity all the time. When I wasn't in class anyway, and I skipped half of those.

Juicy Lucy hamburgers on the way to class for breakfast were the norm
Forgot to include "Your Mileage May Vary"
Old 08-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Hamburgers for breakfast is totally how some of the mega lifters I know eat. These are the same people who are always like "Why did you only eat TWO eggs for breakfast?!"

BUT eating a "good" diet (whatever that means for you) won't get you in shape, and OP did say she was happy with her weight, just wanted to get in shape. => The only thing that will do that is moving your body!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-22-2013, 08:01 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Yup, I really am happy with my weight. I've gained ten pounds over the past two years, but haven't gained anymore (I'm 5' 6.5" and 143lbs). Still wear the same size pants/shirts/what have you that I did when I was 133lbs and Mike actually likes me at the size I'm at because now, according to him, I have good curves versus no curves. LOL I like the size I am, too. I've always waffled between 130-140lbs.

If anything, I DON'T want to loose weight, or at least not dip down past 135lbs. I need to still fit into my wedding dress. O.o

But I am SO out of shape. Have no muscle besides what I need to wrestle an 80lb dog to the floor to trim nails or lift a 35 pound container of cat litter and carry it across the clinic. And endurance? Forget endurance. I can barely jog for two minutes. LOL I just ran through one routine of that "basic workout routine" Beanie posted and HOLY HELL. My thighs and arms hate me right now. And I didn't even do real push ups.

I'm going to walk for an hour (~3miles) every other day (my days where I'm not at work for 11 hours...) and then on the off days I'm going to do my "work out" routine. Which for now will consist of the workout Beanie posted, plus crunches. Because that apparently kicks my butt. Once it stops kicking my butt I'll move on to other things.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Last edited by *blackrose; 08-22-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm All Ears

We do about 45 minutes generally and most is stuff you can do without any equipment. Or you could buy some dumbbells and be even better.

We do squats, squat jumps, planks, hand walk outs, dumbbell rows, step ups, push ups.... and then stuff I don't know what to call them. The guys are more in shape and do harder stuff like burpees and one arm push ups and other stuff.

Usually about 6 of those various things for about 12 reps and go through the set 2x and then do a .25 mile sprint or maybe do 3 minutes of 45 seconds jogging then 15 seconds sprinting. Then repeat and repeat the end sprint.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:39 PM
APBT crazy!

If you're on pinterest there are some workout suggestions in the health & fitness section. And some healthy meals too.
http://pinterest.com/all/health_fitness/

Since you have kinect there are also fitness games out there. Also you build endurance as you go along and get in an exercise routine.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Burpees ... Holy hell those are hard ...'even for me! O_o

Old 08-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Yes, Burpees SUCK!!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Ack, sorry, I should have warned you the strength training workout is some serious stuff! Don't worry - there are other people who struggle to get through just one set. Keep it up and you'll be able to rock that ($*@ out in no time.
Then on to the advanced body weight workout!

LOL burpees.
Terrible name for a workout.
I actually find them kinda fun... but we all know I'm crazy.

Here's some home crossfit WODs too:
http://laxcrossfit.com/home-wods/

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I averaged close to 10K calories per day
I have to ask... What were you eating that averaged out to 10K calories per day and didn't include liquids? That's the equivalent of eating two McD's double quarter pounders with cheese + large fries for five meals every day.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:58 AM
I'm All Ears

Oh I can't do the burpees at all! He's easier on me and the other girl since we're a little more out of shape.