Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 08-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Top Dog

Oh yes on the clicker training thing. I told the breeder that I'm a training nut and that I need a bird that will tolerate that as I plan on teaching him a million tricks.

I'm still leaning towards green cheek conures. Perfect size, outgoing, playful, not extremely loud and I can deal with the nippiness.

So excited!!

What kind of bird are you getting?

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 08-17-2013, 11:56 AM
such sights to show you

I don't feel like I spend a great deal of time specifically dedicated to our bird. But we have her cage placed where she can see our entire first floor except for the bathroom and kitchen from where she is, so she can see all of the household goings on. And she has a gigantic cage with a ton of toys.

In the past, all of our other pets have been pretty much terrified of her so we've just left the cage door open most of the time when we are supervising. She doesn't really roam the house but mostly climbs up and down the sides of her cage and sits on the top apparently thinking she's real hot sh*t for being so tall, lol. Or sometimes trundles over to the couch and sits with us.

But Squash's usual reaction to her is to try to paw whomp her, so we don't do that kind of freedom all the time anymore. When he is outside and after he goes to bed she gets her out of cage time, so I guess that is sort of more dedicated time, but even then she is not a bird that demands your exclusive undivided attention. She's happy just hanging out in the vicinity being busy or on the back of the couch grooming your hair, lol.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:28 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Oh yes on the clicker training thing. I told the breeder that I'm a training nut and that I need a bird that will tolerate that as I plan on teaching him a million tricks.

I'm still leaning towards green cheek conures. Perfect size, outgoing, playful, not extremely loud and I can deal with the nippiness.

So excited!!

What kind of bird are you getting?
Awesome, I played with some baby GCC this weekend at a breeder's house and they were too cute.

I'm going with a crimson bellied conure because a) you can't beat their colouring b) they are similar in personality to greencheeks but different in the good ways (a little more snuggly, a little calmer and less erratic. etc.) and c) I like the fact that they are just a tad bigger and have a "cobbier" body style. The only downside is that they are not easy to source and rather expensive but on the other hand I will probably have the bird for the next 20 years so I may as well go big and get what I really want or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Twin 2

I hate you all!

Because of this thread and Sara sending me parrot links every five minutes I have 100 dollars worth of new bird toys in my Amazon cart and plans for a new hanging climb.

My wallet can not take this.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Top Dog

I wonder if it would raise suspicions with the husband if I started to make a pvc play gym.... And bought this sweet cage off of Craigslist....

Old 08-17-2013, 04:47 PM
and Spy.

You guys crack me up

Linds what kind of bird do you have?!

Quote:
Quote:
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
You guys crack me up

Linds what kind of bird do you have?!

One of those loud ones
Old 08-17-2013, 05:38 PM
and Spy.

You.... You are a brave, brave soul

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
You.... You are a brave, brave soul
Sara and I decided I'm kinda made for loud animals. I seriously don't notice the dogs or the bird as being that loud. Only when someone else is in the house do I get corrected about their not loudness.

It helps though I apparently train around him a lot since his second favorite noise other than screaming is

Old 08-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Top Dog

I love Calypso's click!

Also. I may have found the perfect bird name: Minion. I told the husband and he loves it.