Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Top Dog

Default How long does your take to go to the bathroom?

In the mornings, Jackson takes FOREVER. Omg, it's so annoying. He probably smells, sniffs, and walks slowly for 10 minutes before even thinking about going potty. Then sometimes he will lift his leg, or get ready to squat like he's going to pee and then changes his mind and just... stops. And goes somewhere else. Then give him another 10 mins to poop lol. It's ridiculous.

At my dads house, luckily there's the fenced in yard so I just let him out there and he can take his sweet ole' time but at my moms house, on our 3 acres, I have to walk him on the long line.

If we were in a neighborhood, with lots of smells, etc, it wouldn't take him near as long, but he doesn't lift his leg at home, he squats lol, so he's not 'marking' since no other dogs are really around on our property.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Behavior Nerd

Mine are expected to go if they have to go within 2-4 minutes as they all used to live where they had to be walked vs let out in a yard, except for Aeri. Aeri sometimes takes a few trips out in the morning (total of about 10 minutes, but spread over 2 hours), but the other three all go quickly. If left out to do their thing without me, they all, except for Aeri lol, go within 5 minutes.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Little dog, big voice

Usually, it only takes Cali one or two minutes... but then there are times where she easily takes ten minutes. If by that point she hasn't peed or pooped, I take her back inside for a little bit and bring her back out.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Big Mutts

Gracie has a fence so I let her in and out when she scratches. But if we're in a hurry! Gosh I think she takes her sweet time just because she knows she's not going. (Because if I say "grandma " where she gets to go........ it's instant.)

If a blade of grass tickles her bottom she must move. And don't get me started on if it's raining! You'd think since she hates rain she'd hurry. But that's when she takes the longest, I guess she's looking for a dry spot

Last edited by gapeach; 08-13-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

Nola goes within 2 minutes, usually as soon as she hits the grass.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Twin 2

Didgie pretty much has it down to be on command so if she's distracted I can say "Go potty" and she'll pretty much go instantly.

Traveler being a boy just likes something vertical and he'll pee right away. Pooping is more of a pain because he only likes to poop on low branches or bushes but if I can find one of those he's good right away.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Big Dog

If we're at home: less than a minute. They are speed pee/poopers.

On the road: Dex is fast and goes when I ask.. Dodger will only half poop and then he'll wait until our disc routine to finish the poop.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Top Dog

He pees immediately. Pooping can be a bit more difficult because if he gets distracted he'll hold it, but if you restrict him to the area he prefers to poop he'll go within a couple of minutes.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Top Dog

Gage is quick, no matter where we are, just just runs out and goes.

Bristol is pretty much trained by command to go pee and go poop.

Diesel is my problem child. He was never introduced to new places by the people who had him as a pup so in his little pea brain one can only pee and poop at home. After a year of packing him around, camping, to other cities for conventions, visiting family he has started to realize that he can and should do his business anywhere.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Resident fainting goat

If nothing else being raised in an apartment with me (a known not-morning person) has made Merlin a very quick potty-er.
He knows he only gets to get breakfast after he goes #1, and #2 as well. Plus I always take him to the same boring spot so there isn't much else for him to do.

He is always fast to go.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.