Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Top Dog

You should try some new Petfinder pictures. The ones on her page aren't that great yet the one in your signature is amazing. I actually really love that picture!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberH View Post
You should try some new Petfinder pictures. The ones on her page aren't that great yet the one in your signature is amazing. I actually really love that picture!
Unfortunately I have no control over what exactly goes into her description nor the pictures used. I've taken well over a hundred since I've had her, and I think one was used.

Thank you! I was quite proud of that picture for being such a newb at DSLR's.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 08-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Active Pup

Contact Melissa over at Border Collie Rescue of Minnesota (http://www.bcrofmn.org). I'm sure she would be willing to courtesy list Lucy on her website. She adopts out a LOT of sport dogs nationwide and is well known for having good prospects. The right people do look to her website and Petfinder for dogs so that might get her more hits. She's the closest to you that I could think of that places sport dogs consistently.

BAX TO THE FUTURE MX MXJ MJB OF CAA CGC
"Baxter" All American (Hound Mix)

FANFARE'S BLACK PEARL CAA CGC
"Avery" All American (Australian Shepherd Mix)

"Ziva" Dutch Shepherd
Old 08-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Big Dog

I can tell you why when I was looking for a sport/herding companion that I didn't do rescue, but I don't know if my reasons will be the same reasons for everybody.

I've done fostering and rehoming and that type before. Typically, those were the dogs that found me and then I found them the right home.

I guess none of them were really what I personally was looking for in a companion or sport dog. I had a very specific set of requirements even then, because I knew I wouldn't be a dog-crazy single person forever.

So, when it came time for me to seek out a dog that I really wanted for myself, I was also searching for a mentor as well as dog, and you just don't get that combination of things if you rescue.

I needed a smaller dog with a good amount of intelligence, working drive, focus, who was family oriented but did not have too much energy (like a malinois) and was not overly sharp. For me, Cardigans precisely fit the bill and then when I found my mentor it was just like a puzzle piece fell into place.

For me, a border collie would be too big, too sensitive, and have too much drive for what I personally need in a dog. Plus, I don't have sheep at home and I think those guys *need* a real job to do.

Also, there's the breeding thing...I love Cardigans so so so so much that I want to preserve the breed for future generations to enjoy. There aren't enough new people coming into purebred dogs because rescuing is all the rage right now.

So, those are my reasons. Everyone is different.

Last edited by Cardiparty; 08-13-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: meow
Old 08-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfan View Post
Contact Melissa over at Border Collie Rescue of Minnesota (http://www.bcrofmn.org). I'm sure she would be willing to courtesy list Lucy on her website. She adopts out a LOT of sport dogs nationwide and is well known for having good prospects. The right people do look to her website and Petfinder for dogs so that might get her more hits. She's the closest to you that I could think of that places sport dogs consistently.
If this performance eval goes well, I will definitely get in touch! Thank you so much!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/