Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-09-2013, 02:24 AM
On second thought...

Ugh finding housing that allows a 60lb dog and a 90lb dog is so hard! My dogs stay with my mum an hour away but in two years (grad school or not) they need to be living with me. They are problem dogs though.

I just need a rich chill uncle who lives on a farm or really dog savvy roommates.

Bah!

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I completely understand.

I will be 27 in 11 days and I'm a little freaked out about it. I'm already married and got married at 24, but now I'm in the 'everyone is having babies except me' category and I feel like in general people my age seem to be way ahead of me, own their own houses, have their lives completely together, good solid careers, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-09-2013, 03:39 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
When did everyone here start feeling obligated to act like a real life adult?
Errr..... Never???? 32 going on 16...!

20 is a great age, enjoy it!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I completely understand.

I will be 27 in 11 days and I'm a little freaked out about it. I'm already married and got married at 24, but now I'm in the 'everyone is having babies except me' category and I feel like in general people my age seem to be way ahead of me, own their own houses, have their lives completely together, good solid careers, etc.

Booooooooooring!!!!

Don't try and keep up with the Smith's next door. I know for a fact all my 'settled' friends think the grass is greener on the other side.

I have a good job, but didnt go back to uni till I was 24, qualified in 2009 aged 27, and I've been working 4 yrs, not married, I don't own my own home (although my partner does), no kids yet. Still go out and get drunk, go to festivals, TRY and enjoy myself!!

Mortgage etc sounds so dull!!! Maybe an investment but booooo to growing up!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-09-2013, 05:57 AM
Jerk.

Im closing in on 40. Shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 08-09-2013, 06:39 AM
Big Dog

It's just a number. No meaning whatsoever. I'm 55 and I still FEEL like I'm in my 20s because it doesn't define me in the least!

I didn't meet my husband till I was 34, so I had a lot of life experience and was ready to settle down - and we've had over 20 blissful years together.

Trust me... Take care of your health and you can have a fantastic life at every age, no matter what number is attached to you.

My goal has been to forget how old I am... I still have to work it out whenever I think about it to be sure.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? ~Satchel Paige

I think I'd be 30-32... That's what I feel like in my head.

And Happy Birthday!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 AM
& the Muttly Crew

A favorite quote:

When I became [an adult] I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
~ C. S. Lewis

I think I was born old anyway lol. But at 20...gosh, I was single (and very happy to remain so...I broke up with a guy and had no intention of dating anyone for years), in college, working part time. It's almost hard to remember any more. Life changes quickly, usually for the better.

One of the great things about life is that there is more than one right answer for everyone.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-09-2013, 07:56 AM
such sights to show you

Uh, if I had that power over time and space I would have used it about 5 years ago. On myself.

Don't worry about feeling like an adult. Just enjoy where you are; every age (so far at least) has really wonderful things about it if you can let go of missing where you used to be and anticipating where you're going.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post

When did everyone here start feeling obligated to act like a real life adult?
I'm 27, going on 16. I'll let you know when I start acting like an adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I completely understand.

I am also 27 and got married at 23. People keep asking us when we're having babies and I'm like, "not right now. Too much living to do" I definitely do not have my life together.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 08-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Twenty is a good age! I know exactly how you feel though. I've been wanting to stop the clock for the past 5 years! I try to just enjoy each year and not worry about things changing or getting older... and it's hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
I am also 27 and got married at 23. People keep asking us when we're having babies and I'm like, "not right now. Too much living to do" I definitely do not have my life together.
You sound like me! People are always asking my husband and I when we're going to have kids... and I'm always saying "I don't even want to think about that yet!"

We've owned our house for four years, take awesome vacations, enjoy our dogs, and have so much fun together. We talk about starting a family when I turn 30 (he's 26, I'm 28), but that just seems too soon. There are SO many things I want to do with just my husband before we have kids! African safari, difficult South American trips, etc, etc. I want to stop the clock here and continue on at age 28 forever with just my husband. I'm not ready to give it up yet.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep