Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: How much on a collar?
$25 and under 12 21.05%
$50 and under 13 22.81%
$75 and under 17 29.82%
$100 and under 6 10.53%
Over $100 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2013, 06:15 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Yeah...

I hope it is as pretty as I think it will be because even though I feel guilty I am really excited about it...it's exactly what I've been looking for for Da Cheese but everything I'd found so far was just a little off... *fingers crossed*
I am a huge fan of Karma Collars. Last Christmas my husband got an unexpectedly generous bonus and I got matching Idols for everyone, and I have a couple of their double-ended leashes which I adore. Which collar did you get?

Old 08-09-2013, 06:37 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I am a huge fan of Karma Collars. Last Christmas my husband got an unexpectedly generous bonus and I got matching Idols for everyone, and I have a couple of their double-ended leashes which I adore. Which collar did you get?
I'm glad to hear you've been happy with them too. I got the Stargazer. Which is exactly the style I was trying to find for Mira and her call and registered names are both "star" related which made it a little eerie... lol

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-09-2013, 06:40 PM
such sights to show you

Oh, I'm excited to see how yours turns out! I've been eyeing the Stargazer since it came out, but new collars just aren't in the budget right now.

So I shall live vicariously through you.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
A hell of a lot more than I would before I lost the boys. I had no idea how much it meant to me having the nice leather and decorated collars that represented the boys after they were gone. We have tons of fabric and they're fun to change out frequently but the leathers just mean the world to me. Maybe it's the feel, the longevity, the look, but whatever it is I will never forgo a nice leather per dog from here on out and I will be happy to pay a fair price for each.
See, and I've been trying to get rid of Tully's special collar, because I can't bear to look at it.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinsbt View Post
See, and I've been trying to get rid of Tully's special collar, because I can't bear to look at it.
Oh man, totally opposite for me. Coming home and having something to see or touch, it means so much. I took Bs collar with me to Alaska, as odd as that is, and lately I've thrown it on Moo for walks and what not. It really comforts me. Arnolds was damaged in the fight so its in my bedside drawer but I will have it refurbished or remade someday to display.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Oh man, totally opposite for me. Coming home and having something to see or touch, it means so much. I took Bs collar with me to Alaska, as odd as that is, and lately I've thrown it on Moo for walks and what not. It really comforts me. Arnolds was damaged in the fight so its in my bedside drawer but I will have it refurbished or remade someday to display.
I still have my Tully corner, with her MACH bar, MACH ribbon, big photo of her at the Invitational, and Invitational ribbons. But I can't bear to have any of the things she wore, so I am trying to get rid of all the purple/pink collars, etc.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Top Dog

My dogs each (aside from Brooks) have a Paco, so you can estimate from there (although many were bartered for). Since they are their main collars, I feel ok about it.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

Ooh, the Stargazer is so ridiculously pretty. It would be my first choice for Meg if it came smaller. I'm actually glad to hear feedback on the Karma collars; they have some smaller options that I kind of like. If some money shows up at my house, I may have to think about it! There's one I really want for Gusto; time to shop for Meg!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

Oh ****, that stargazer is beautiful!

I actually am seriously contemplating the helix right now for Quke, or the peace sign one if we could add some blue studs/stones....
Old 08-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Top Dog

Ooh, the Stargazer comes in 1" single layer. I wonder if they'd do it with a tapered buckle....

Gusto totally needs the Little Rocker.

Maybe we will have to order some collars when the next Free Leash Friday comes around!