Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: How much on a collar?
$25 and under 12 21.05%
$50 and under 13 22.81%
$75 and under 17 29.82%
$100 and under 6 10.53%
Over $100 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

Yeah, if I had a long haired dog or a boy I probably wouldn't get much. I swear a small, adorable, short haired female dog is the worst thing for my wallet.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Big Dog

I've probably spent $8 at the most on a collar. I did spend a bit more on a leather leash, however, but not much. I said under $50.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Top Dog

I voted $75 and under but then I was thinking about it...if I found like the holy grail of all collars, I would spend over $100.

I would honestly rather spend like $20-50 on a collar here and there, and still change them out occasionally, than spend $100+ on one collar that I would feel guilty if they didn't wear it all the time.

My three are in great quality but basic leather collars right now, I bought in February, and to be honest I'm kind of wanting some fun ones. Some nice prints.

Skye can really pull off wearing collars though, everything looks good on her, so I do tend to spoil her with more collars than the others.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

I've never actually paid for a collar before (except for the prong collar) - our Collar Mania collar was won in a contest and we had one thin leather collar that was poorly made, but also won in a contest. We've only ever had one leash and that was probably around $20? Just a 6' leather leash we grabbed from a supply store.

I didn't really get the collar craze before, but now I definitely admire and covet a well made collar. But I think just one cloth collar and one leather collar is all I need for Trent. We have our cloth collar so just waiting to get a cool leather collar now. I said under $50 because I'd like to pay around $35 tops for a collar, but once a friend starts making leather collars again I'd happy pay $70 - $80 for one of her collars.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Top Dog

Gavroche's custom Neurodiversity collar from Ella's Lead was $48.50

Logan's custom Timey-Wimey collar (inspired by Doctor Who and EL's "Traveler" ) from Ella's Lead was $60

Both collars are 100% custom (I created the designs) and there isn't another like them in the whole world

I had a gift certificate for part of the price for each of them from my brother for my birthday, so I didn't actually pay full price out of pocket, though I love both collars to bits, and they're absolutely amazing quality. Gavroche wears his 24/7 and Logan only wears his when he's working (so I don't mess up his ruff). I'm 100% happy with both collars and would buy them again in a heartbeat.

TL;DR I would probably pay no more than $60-$70 on a collar. But if it was one I REALLY REALLY wanted and had a gift certificate to cover part of it, I would probably spring for a higher price. I can't justify $100+ on a collar, though.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 PM
such sights to show you

I would prefer to stay under $75, for the right collar I would go up to $100 but it would have to be a pretty dang special collar. Even the custom made collars I've gotten so far have been under $75.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

Larger dogs usually come with larger price tags for things like collars I did spend about $70 on a collar

I have one paco that was gifted to me. I do like it but eh, I like my collar mania ones just as much really. Ivy has all the fancy collars. Quke has his cloth collar mania. I planned on getting him a leather when he finished growing but I dont know, I really never use them.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Not a Border Collie

I think my most expensive collar has been around $70 - my badass custom Ravenclaw collar from EL. My other custom EL collars were around that mark too.

That's about my limit - I don't think I'd like to go over $80 for a well made leather collar. Nylon I'd pay up to $30.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

With Elsie, I'd go up to $30/$35 for a nice rolled leather collar. Otherwise, I'd stay under $20. She has a gun dog supply collar now, for swimming, and we got one for Zobby, too. I'm really pleased with those. Zobby's is dark brown, and from a small distance, it looks like leather.

Collars aren't a priority right now.

I could see going up to $50 for Zobby, though, since you'd be able to see it.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Top Dog

I haven't spent more than $30 on a collar, and doubt I'll ever spend more than $50. Pacos are nice, but I can't justify $100 for a collar.