I need brainstorming ideas

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
We finally caught the mouse in my house thankfully. Mia gets so worked up when she sees it and I'm trying o figure out if there's a way to mimic that for training. I know that sounds weird but e wants to chase and hunt mice 24/7 if she gets a whiff or glimpse of them. After she saw tht mouse we had a wicked game of flirt pole with her. Is there a way to transfer that drive to get a real mouse to a toy? We are still struggling with her toy and tug drive so it got me thinking...

Her 'flirt pole' is a cat toy with a fake mouse on the end btw

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
I don't know, but if she gets that worked up for the scent or sight of a mouse... have you thought about transfering it literally to a toy? Putting the toy near enough of the mouse so it gets its scent, for example.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Would she react to rabbit fur? I stuff a rabbit pelt in a jackpot type toy for Snipe sometimes and it generally gets her pretty jazzed. :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Our bunny fur tug is a tiny bit better than our regular ones but still doesn't get her excited. There is no way I want a mouse lol.

I used to have a rat stuffed toy years ago. It was a free stuff from Sanofi. It looks like a real rat. I think you have that in stores as well.

Members online