Any suggestions??

fennash

Border Collie Lover
A couple of days ago I noticed that my collie Fenn had lost some of the hair around one of his eyes. just on the black side of his face the white side is fine. it's right round his eye like half a pair of glasses. I am wondering if it might be a lack of something in his diet maybe a mineral or vitamin. He seems fine and it doesn't seem to itch or anything.
Has anyone any ideas? I could do without another vet bill this week.
Thanks
Lynn

I'd keep an eye on it - for lack of a better phrase. See if it gets better, worse or stays the same for about a week since it doesn't seem to be bothering him. How does the skin feel? Dry or normal? Are his eyes tearing more than usual?

There are nutritional deficiencies that can cause hair loss, but I'd think the hair loss would be all over. I suppose Fenn could be losing some hair all over and it's just much more noticeable around the eye.

Maybe Mordy or PRO47 can give you some more insight, especially with some additional information.

fennash

Border Collie Lover
Hi,
thanks for your reply. The skin feels normal, it isn't red or sore, his eye isn't watering or weeping at all, it's just got this bold patch around it. I did wonder about some sort of mange, there are a lot of foxes where we walk but I assume it wouldn't just be this on patch.
Lynn

Members online

No members online now.