Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Is it normal for my ears to still be a bit sore/sensitive? I got them done on Sunday and its Thursday. They don't bother me if I'm not messing with them but when I clean them and stuff they are a little sore and have even started itching a little bit. I REALLY don't want them to get infected, I love them and I don't want to take them out!!
Are these your first piercings, your first ear piercings?

My ears will itch and the holes get slightly red if I wear earrings, no matter the type of metal used, even ones that say hypo-allergenic (they aren't quite as bad though!). If it doesn't go away in time (heal up), I would suspect a metal allergy. I'm even allergic to most belt buckles and the backside of the button in jeans.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Sport Model Pug

1. Clean them twice a day.
2. Use saline solution/salt water ONLY.
3. Change your pillow cases NIGHTLY.
4. DO NOT twist them. This breaks up the normal scar tissue and causes more to grow which leads to irritation and gnarly scars and keloids.
5. Keep your hair up for a couple weeks to help keep nasties off your ear.
6. Make sure the jewelry is surgical grade steel, not nickel. A lot of cheap earrings are nickel and a lot of people are allergic.

The people that work at Claire's don't know what they're doing. Guns are awful for piercing as it pushes a blunt piece of metal through your skin verses cutting out space for the piercing to go. This causes a higher rate if rejection and uneven healing. Guns are also not terribly sanitary as they are super difficult to disinfect.

Guh I wish everywhere except legit piercing shops were banned from piercing. They can do so much damage, especially to little kids' bodies.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-09-2013, 03:11 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

H2Ocean is amazing for healing piercings fyi. I used this stuff when I got my nipples pierced and it worked really well. You can get it through a lot of tattoo/piercing shops and I think Hot Topic actually carries it too usually.

Definitely going to echo what has been said already on the piercing guns vs hollow needle issue. I will never have any piercing done by a gun for all the reasons mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 08-09-2013, 09:22 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Thanks for all the info guys! I will stop twisting them and start using a saline solution (or try to find the H2Ocean stuff mentioned). I knew Claire's wasn't like the best place ever to get them, but I didn't realize it was because of the gun. The earrings are supposed to be stainless steel, but I don't know if there is nickel in them. I will definitely go to a professional piercer for my next piercings.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 08-10-2013, 06:39 AM
BusterLove

I have my lobes stretched to 4mm. I have my septum done and an industrial. And 2 bars in my tongue.

In the past I have had a vertical labret and a dermal anchor in my chest, I loved them but both migrated out.

As soon as I have a day off when my piercer is working I'm tossing up between multiple dermals, nipples or a smiley. I also want my cheeks, medusa and both nostrils done.

Tattoo wise I only have one in my wrist. It goes almost halfway up my forearm, it's a traditional style beer studbbie with the initials of my old workplace across it. When I left my going away present was that my first tattoo had to be for the pub. Hopefully will book my next one (feet) next week.