Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Lab Love

I have had my septum, tongue, lip and labret pierced. I took all of those out as I grew out of them. I also had my ears stretched to 00 and I just recently took them out, they've shrunk a lot but I think I need to rip my ear to get them to go smaller.

I have both of my nostrils pierced, and I've had it that way for 6yrs. I think I always will have both of them. I want my tragus pierced on both sides and that's it for me for piercings. I have no desire for tattoos.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Not a Border Collie

I am so boring! I only have my ears pierced LOL.

I've had a couple of tattoos in my mind for 2 & 3 years though. My first will most likely be a watercolour of a fox - it has a lot of personal meaning I also love The Little Prince, especially the fox quotes, so I like that I could add a favorite quote to it in the future if I wanted.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 08-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Top Dog

LOVE little prince quotes. That was my second choice. "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." Or however it goes.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

I have two holes in each ear, used to have my eyebrow pierced, and I have two tattoos. My left shoulder is a tribal phoenix, and my right shoulder has "Never Surrender" on it.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Are you dead yet?

I only have a small tattoo and a vertical labret right now. My other piercings I had to take out for work, but I had my eyebrows done to pay homage to one of my favorite cartoon characters (Pickles from Dethklok) and I loved them, even though they took forever to heal.

My vertical didn't really hurt. Stung as the needle went in, went numb as soon as the transfer was done. First couple days of healing were a little ouchy when I'd bump it against food/drink.

My tattoo felt AMAZING, it didn't really hurt and felt like a tingly massage. I got it on my chest though, I know wrists/feet/hands/elbows hurt more.

I have a ton of tattoos I want to get done. Just not enough money for them.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Are you dead yet?

I don't really like cartilage piercings but a triple front helix is what I'll be getting if I do any more ear piercing. I have a few holes in each ear and that's enough for me unless I get some fancy **** done.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm All Ears

I would like a medium sized butterfly tattoo one day. I originally wanted an actual papillon dog somehow in it but think I will just go with a butterfly.

I know butterflies are very common tattoos but they have had significant meaning in my life. My mother loved butterflies and collected them and things with them on it. The cancer that killed her was called a butterfly glioma- it spreads in the shape of a butterfly. It just has always struck me as poignant. Of course theres the papillons too being 'butterflies'. I also like the symbology of a creature that undergoes a beautiful transformation.

I would like to add in Mia somehow but not in a traditional dog tattoo sense. I need to find a good artist as I'm a little picky.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
I don't really like cartilage piercings but a triple front helix is what I'll be getting if I do any more ear piercing.
I'm hoping to get the triple frontal helix for my next piercings, too. It just looks so cute and pretty

Right now I'm pretty boring, just two lobe piercings on each ear and a cartilage piercing on the left ear. Might get a tattoo eventually, but for now I just want more piercings.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:51 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Don't take them out! You may be cleaning them too often. After the first three days, I normally clean once a day for a while to kind of let them be. If anything, head to a piercing shop and ask them what they think. They are just in a stage where they are healing, most likely. If they are infected, they will be nasty and very painful all the time.

Just give it some time.
I'd only take them out if they were definitely infected. I have been cleaning them 3x a day, but I will back off on it some. I also twist them a ton, maybe I shouldn't as much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
What are you cleaning them with? If they're irritating you, Chamomile teabags make a good soothing compress.
Just the stuff they give you for free from Claire's. The ingredients are water and benzalkonium chloride. Thanks I'll look into the teabags!

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 08-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
I'd only take them out if they were definitely infected. I have been cleaning them 3x a day, but I will back off on it some. I also twist them a ton, maybe I shouldn't as much?

Just the stuff they give you for free from Claire's. The ingredients are water and benzalkonium chloride. Thanks I'll look into the teabags!
If you got them pierced at Claire's, scrap all the information they gave you! They're probably irritated because the type of punch gun they use at Claire's causes a blunt force trauma via the posts of the earrings instead of a hollow point needle. Don't twist them either except slight turns during the cleaning. Essentially other than cleaning, avoid touching them at all. You can't go wrong with a good sea salt rinse for cleaning (some people use saline, but I've been used to sea salt) and a tea compress to soothe them.

If they end up infected, it's also advised to not take them out so the infection doesn't get closed off in your ear. I'm not entirely sure on the merits here, as I've seen arguments from medical professionals and piercers on both sides.