Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I find iPhones way too small. . Then again, I have the 3rd biggest phone on the market. LOL
Third? Which are the second & first?

I love the size of the galaxy but I HATE android, I found it very complicated & confusing. After being with my iPhone for so long I don't think include go back to a drips platform

Old 08-05-2013, 08:21 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I have an android. I appreciate all that it offers, but I can't say I use the 'smart' part a ton. Mostly it makes sitting in a waiting room easier (hah), built in GPS is awesome, and I like a few random apps.

I would look around to some of the smaller companies and see what you can get. I pay $35/month for like 200 minutes? unlimited text, unlimited data. I don't call people usually. I think Metro PCS and some other companies offer unlimited everything for $50 or so a month.
What plan do you have? Seriously? I am paying $55/month right now but I rarely talk on the phone... I so want your plan for $20 less!

I have to ditto Linds. Once you have one you can never go back... If you don't have one it's not a big deal. I hate how attached I am to my phone. I REALLY want to downgrade to save $... I just *can't* give my phone up. The $55 Net10 plan is the cheapest I could find while still having a smartphone. I'm tethered to the stupid thing now.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Third? Which are the second & first?

I love the size of the galaxy but I HATE android, I found it very complicated & confusing. After being with my iPhone for so long I don't think include go back to a drips platform
My bad, fourth, I didnt realize there was another phone put out earlier this year

Anyway, I have the Galaxy Nexus. The Note II, Xperia and Galaxy S4 all are larger than my phone. (I read the Xperia is, I haven't seen one).

When I bought the phone, just the Note II was bigger.

See, I find the iPhone too limiting. I don't like how it restricts the personalisation. My mom and sister both love their iPhones and wouldn't change for anything, but it drives me crazy to try and use my moms LOL (granted, that's likely because it's too small)

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
What plan do you have? Seriously? I am paying $55/month right now but I rarely talk on the phone... I so want your plan for $20 less!

I have to ditto Linds. Once you have one you can never go back... If you don't have one it's not a big deal. I hate how attached I am to my phone. I REALLY want to downgrade to save $... I just *can't* give my phone up. The $55 Net10 plan is the cheapest I could find while still having a smartphone. I'm tethered to the stupid thing now.
Me too -_-, I feel nekkid if I don't have my Facebook app, web & synced email lol. In fact, the mere thought of being without it makes my BP rise

Old 08-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I'm so torn.

On one hand, I went without a phone for almost a year, so I'm not attached at the hip to mine.. on the other hand, when I use Josh's smartphone, I love it! I love being able to surf the web and have GPS and restaurant recommendations and stuff.

I just am cheap and don't wanna pay for the phone, nor the expensive plan.

ETA: I really want a nice calendar setup that would keep track of everything going on, homework, ect, too. If it linked to my email, even better!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Top Dog

Three words. Candy Crush Saga.

In all honesty, I put off getting a smart phone for a long time. I've only had mine for maybe 18 months. I originally got it when I had a friend who was very sick in the hospital, and Facebook was how I was able to get the fastest updates (we have very, very limited internet at work). Mostly I use it for "fun" of course. Being able to entertain myself at all times is pretty nice Books, videos, internet.

MapMyWalk pretty much saves my life regularly when I get lost in the woods, which is very nice. I got super lost on the trails yesterday with the dogs, and the very nice morning quickly turned around and there was a lot of loud thunder. I basically just hoofed it "as the crow flies" through the woods, using the map to make sure I was headed in the right direction.

I lived without a smart phone for a long time, but I'm pretty well set with keeping mine forever now!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Jess, I understand what you mean by being limited in the personalization ESP with ringtones & sounds & whatnot, apple makes you buy that all separate & whatnot from their App Store & you need a credit/debit card which I have but I don't really like throwing that number around too much.

I think I am going to look into one of those pre loaded cards just for cell phone goodie purchasing purposes

Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post

Virgin Mobile. And they are on the Sprint network, so service is pretty good in most places. I had Metro forever ago and it was OK but if I ever traveled, my phone might not work at all in that particular city, if they don't have metro.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:40 PM
rotties are my kryptonite

I tried to talk myself into downgrading to a dumb phone recently. Did not work.

I'm on my 3rd iPhone (had the 3Gs, 4 and now 5). I love it. I can't live without it.

I'm just busy enough with work & rescue that I want to be able to access my email. I utilize my calendars (I sync to my Google calendar). I would be lost, literally, without GPS. My music, all 10GB, is right there. I can play games and browse the web and the screen is so pretty and bright! I have the Kindle app on my phone, so all of my books are right there as well. (Those also sync, so if I go from my iPhone to my Kindle, I'm on the right page.)

Plus, FaceTime (or skype or whatever) is readily accessible. iMessage. Siri (even though she was being a bit temperamental earlier today).

I also briefly considered a different brand of phone... but I am not a fan of the Android OS. And really, I'm an Apple fan girl and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
my delicate little flower

Last edited by RottenFlower; 08-05-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Virgin Mobile. And they are on the Sprint network, so service is pretty good in most places. I had Metro forever ago and it was OK but if I ever traveled, my phone might not work at all in that particular city, if they don't have metro.
I'm really liking the look of Virgin Mobile right now. Lol!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle