Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I see people are still blaming music for societal ills. It wasn't the problem before and it isn't now.
Duh. It's video games. Obviously.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:05 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

No it's parents, parents need to take the role of censorship. But what I don't like about it is that if it offends a said group of people, then everyone has to suffer because of it . If I want to see the un censored version of a movie then I either have to rent it or have paid movie channels like HBO (which I can't afford)
I mean I think having ratings for things is good enough
Old 08-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
I see people are still blaming music for societal ills. It wasn't the problem before and it isn't now.
No one is blaming music for domestic violence.

I'm suggesting if a man sang about slapping or WANTING to slap a woman there would be outcry.

Don't even get me started on objectifying women!!!

And music IS society. It is identity. Identity comes from upbringing, culture, peers. Music, fashion, peer relationships, etc etc etc.

If you don't think these things have patterns you're blinkered!! Music and lifestyle can and often do go hand in hand.

You can't BLAME anything, but you can do the maths and look at what society is and how it relates to identity, popular culture, morals and ultimately actions.

You can definitely look at groups who like different music styles and identify different behaviour patterns. Easy peasy. Look at music through the ages.... You're telling me punk music had no influence on society? Or rave scene? Or mods and rockers? Or even the Beatles!

You can't BLAME anything, but people listen to music they relate to and feel comfy in that niche.

Anyway, I'm rambling.........
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
No it's parents, parents need to take the role of censorship. But what I don't like about it is that if it offends a said group of people, then everyone has to suffer because of it . If I want to see the un censored version of a movie then I either have to rent it or have paid movie channels like HBO (which I can't afford)
I mean I think having ratings for things is good enough
Agree, but how do you censor naked models on billboards, or other kids in the playground with mobile phones?

How do you stop them listening to the radio or seeing adverts on tv objectifying women, or dumbing them down, or blah blah?

Kids are SO sexualized these days. Never mind violence or views on gender!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:30 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

You can't, but don't get me started on kids & cell phones lol, I didn't even get my first cell phone til I was like ...18. Because that's how old I was before I could afford one.

Sheltering kids doesn't make anything better either, the Amish community is a good example of that, you see what happens to their kids, who have led a very sheltered life get to go out into the very sexualized world we live in.

Kids who are raised in this world I think kind of get "used" to it, it's "normal" for them. But like I said, it falls on the parents to explain why that model on the billboard is naked, or whatever. It IS possible to raise a good child in this crazy world, I know if a good many folks who have raised very good kids in this world. So it is possible.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM
such sights to show you

But the lyric isn't about slapping men. It's about having a feeling.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Silence, peasants.

Just because I 'feel like slapping someone' does not mean I'm anywhere close to it, with all the mainstream radio played songs to choose from, that's an odd one to pick at imo.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 08-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Top Dog

So, since spent most of my youth listening to Death Metal, Heavy Metal and NWA what kind of future should I have had? Much of my youth was spent listening to music about suicide, death, killing, and satan with a dose of nappy ass ho's in there getting smacked and stuck by all my homies
Old 08-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
But the lyric isn't aboung opens It's about having a feeling.
Splitting hairs, I don't think most 13 year olds are that deep to consider ooooh is she singing about an action or a feeling. Hey little johnny, what is the feeling in one directions new song?

And this isnt really about THAT song, that's just happens to be the current crap on the radio.

I LIKE that music stirs emotions. I like that it can be hard edged, moving, even political.

It just drives me batty when its aimed at kids dressed as meaningless cheesy pop crap about ooooh I love you so I want to slap you... Wtf?

Old 08-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
So, since spent most of my youth listening to Death Metal, Heavy Metal and NWA what kind of future should I have had? Much of my youth was spent listening to music about suicide, death, killing, and satan with a dose of nappy ass ho's in there getting smacked and stuck by all my homies
I think you're missing the point about what defines society.

And I grew up in heavy metal clubs then the outdoor psychedelic rave scene... Music doesn't make the person, it influences a lot though. A whooole lot!