Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Obey the Toad.

Default What is it With Colorado?

I know several chazers have move there and I have quite a few extended family members that have moved out there recently.

I don't mean to sound derogatory, because I've never been there, but honestly the first things that come to mind when I hear Colorado are pit bull bans and 5 feet of snow. What am I missing?

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Twin 2.0

Pitbull bans are only in Denver County proper, with bits of Aurora city, which make up a very small area of what people consider to be "Denver". Outside of that it's fine.

5 feet of snow up in the mountains for the skiing and playing, sure, but down here in the city we don't get that much and the few big storms we do means that the streets are a mess for about half of the day, then the sun comes out and melts it all off. I know people that ride their motorcycles nearly year round out here, only using their cars for extra-cold days or those few freaky days it's cloudy and snowy for more than just overnight.

It's gorgeous, the weather is usually amazing (TONS of sunshine), very low humidity and even if it's 100F in the sun, just go sit under some shade and you'll be fine. There's a ton of outdoorsy stuff to do and also just a lot to check out for pretty much everything. Lots of history around too. Denver is really a pretty young city when you get down to it, so it's a different vibe. It's also remarkably small for all that it's a major city--the six degrees of separation theory is very evident.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Twin 2

All I know is when my family and I drove through it on our way to California it was the best part of the whole trip. Loved it in Colorado.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I LOVE CO and would totally live there if I could... just a really neat state in general. Just gotta convince the hubby to leave this place which is the hard part... otherwise I'd be out in CO tomorrow.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 08-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Top Dog

I like it for vacation. Love my flat cornfields to much here lol!

My mom is out there as much as possible. They love to hike and animal watch.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 08-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I know several chazers have move there and I have quite a few extended family members that have moved out there recently.

I don't mean to sound derogatory, because I've never been there, but honestly the first things that come to mind when I hear Colorado are pit bull bans and 5 feet of snow. What am I missing?
I'll share pictures if you'd like! I'm at cherry creek lounging in the sunshine and swimming with Middie now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Pitbull bans are only in Denver County proper, with bits of Aurora city, which make up a very small area of what people consider to be "Denver". Outside of that it's fine.

5 feet of snow up in the mountains for the skiing and playing, sure, but down here in the city we don't get that much and the few big storms we do means that the streets are a mess for about half of the day, then the sun comes out and melts it all off. I know people that ride their motorcycles nearly year round out here, only using their cars for extra-cold days or those few freaky days it's cloudy and snowy for more than just overnight.

It's gorgeous, the weather is usually amazing (TONS of sunshine), very low humidity and even if it's 100F in the sun, just go sit under some shade and you'll be fine. There's a ton of outdoorsy stuff to do and also just a lot to check out for pretty much everything. Lots of history around too. Denver is really a pretty young city when you get down to it, so it's a different vibe. It's also remarkably small for all that it's a major city--the six degrees of separation theory is very evident.
This! The people are friendly, the weather is beautiful, people are very active and dog oriented, the people here are HOT, there's so much to do... I never fell in love with a place before now, but the mountains tug at my heart. Driving into Boulder or Golden or taking Deer Creek Canyon gives my heart that same, palpable flutter that you get when you see the person you're in love with. Going out hiking in them, I'm happy.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm All Ears

I'd love to end up in Colorado eventually. Love love love it.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I knew a guy who lived in Denver a couple years back.
They got six feet of snow.
In June.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I knew a guy who lived in Denver a couple years back.
They got six feet of snow.
In June.

agreed.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 08-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
The people are friendly, the weather is beautiful, people are very active and dog oriented, the people here are HOT, there's so much to do... I never fell in love with a place before now, but the mountains tug at my heart. Driving into Boulder or Golden or taking Deer Creek Canyon gives my heart that same, palpable flutter that you get when you see the person you're in love with. Going out hiking in them, I'm happy.
Yeah, all of that. Every time I get close to the state line, every time I'm IN Colorado I feel like I'm on clouds. I've completely fallen in love and I consider it more home than any house or place I've been before.

I'm one of those people moving to Colorado next year. There's no ifs, maybes...it's happening. I love being out there, the idea of actually LIVING out there makes me swoon. Because it's not like I'm just "there". I'm hiking, I'm exploring, I'm enjoying everything I love about it like the weather, I'm meeting people I actually like and have things in common with, it gives me some amount of peace to see the mountains every day, the shops and bars are fun, the weather treats me well because I LOVE snow, but I don't love snow ALL THE TIME. And the sun. Seeing sun, mountains, dogs, and awesome people everyday?

Colorado is my own heaven on earth.