Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 07-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Active Pup

Default New here: An expecting parent! ;)

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards and soon to be a new mom to an Aussie puppy!

I thought I would introduce myself to the boards since I have a feeling I will be around a ton! I actually recognize a few of you from the BCBoards since I was a frequenter there for a few years with my late BC mix Petey (Hi AllieMackie!) So here's a bit of background:

After my little man passed away in October, I was obviously crushed for some time. I didn't intend on getting another dog for a while but it didn't take long to start feeling to feel strange without *my* dog. I soon missed daily walks and being dragged outside rain or shine, I missed having a little shadow and constant companion and simply, I missed my old routine involving Petey. I began to feel ready to bring a new furry family member into my home and give my life and heart to a new pup again.

As mentioned, I had a BC mix prior and have always been in love with Border Collies. I thought that my next would be a BC pup hands down, there was no question. But as looking for a new pup became more and more real, and now that I was living with my boyfriend, discussions of what we both wanted came into play.

We're both extremely active and really wanted a breed that would keep up with us. Something we could do dog sports with and really involve in our active, outdoorsy lives. We ultimately made the decision to get an Aussie over a BC, after interacting with them and speaking to a lot of owners. While we'll still likely get a BC next in a couple years, we feel so confident that we made the right breed choice for us right now.

Long story short, I contacted a couple breeders, put down a deposit and my little baby is a couple days away from being born! I'll be sure to update everyone on the process as we go through finally getting him or her home and our journey. Oh and pictures! Can't forget puppy pictures.

Nice to "meet" you all!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Welcome! There are a lot of herdy-brain dog lovers on here, you should fit right in.

And pictures ASAP!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 07-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Twin 2

Welcome!! And Meagan is right, we like our herders here. Can't wait for your puppy to be born, are you leaning towards a boy or a girl or either?
Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Active Pup

Thanks for the warm welcome! Glad to hear there's a group of herd breed lovers here!

Linds - I'm pretty set on a boy. I've always preferred boys over girls for all pets but I won't turn down a girl if there's a particular pup that my breeder thinks would suit me most or if a little girl just calls out to me.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Top Dog

welcome. I'm xecited for more baby Aussies on the board

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Active Pup

The pups were born! The breeder sent over one-day-old pictures of the litter so I've been a smiling idiot all day. It feels good knowing that there's a puppy out there with my name on it.

There were 6 puppies total - 4 boys, 2 girls. All pups were either red or blue merle except for one red tri male! So chances are good that I'll get a boy, which was my preference. I'm happy with any colour!

I'll start posting pics when we get an idea of which puppy is "mine". Then you'll all be bombarded