Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Top Dog

Ivan is anything but quiet. That word is just not in his realm of understanding. He barks, he whines, he cries, he growls, he yodels. He pretty much will make any kind of noise you could think of and some you wonder where the heck that came from.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Big Dog

Hands down, Jaia is the most vocal dog I've ever known! He's a screamer. If there's anything at all exciting going on, he starts moaning and it turns into a scream. He "talks" and groans and barks.

B'asia is similar, but not nearly as loud or as often. When she barks at someone driving up, it's a shrieking bark and very unpleasant.

Mia barks more often than anyone else, but it's usually pretty quiet. She wanders outside at night and just barks, to see if any neighborhood dogs want to join in...

Finally, Cara is the quietest, only barking with there's a genuine threat in the area, like the UPS truck or a deer.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Top Dog

Dance is vocal in that she talks when she's happy or excited. She's always wooing and rooing. She's also very grumbly in general and makes all sorts of weird noises to express her feelings. Be it when she's annoyed, happy, playful, whatever. She's very vocal. She isn't super barky though, unless she's startled, and then barking is her first reaction.

Ripley is fairly quiet. Rarely do I hear him bark. He does moan and groan a lot though, and has no qualms about complaining if he's unhappy haha. He can be a bit of a whiner, but stops most of the time when he's told. He whines for all meals though and screams in the car annoyingly, despite years of trying to get him to stop.

Keira is about the same as Ripley, but she'll squeak at me when she's frustrated when training and she barks even less than he does. Neither Dobe really barks unless it's truly necessary when they're with me (apparently when I'm not home though they bark quite a bit, but we won't talk about the things they do when I'm not home lol. They're bad.). She also screeches in the car and for meals, but not quite as much as Ripley. If she gets mad at another dog she'll roar at them and then leave. That's always her first reaction. Never a snarl or anything. Just an annoyed roar. Otherwise, she's very quiet.

Journey isn't vocal at all. I wish she's talk and communicate more that way sometimes. She is super barky when frustrated though, especially when around excited, fast moving dogs. I don't like her to play chase games with other dogs because she loses her mind barking. Aside from that though, the only other times she barks is if the other dogs do. She gets kind of insecure for some reason when the other dogs bark and has to follow suit.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Top Dog

Frag is a huge whiner, and screams when he gets excited. Definitely barks at knocking noise around the house and whines/cries when playing.

Sir growls a lot, "roos" when he gets excited at night, and barks at new people coming over.

Recon occasionally will attention bark at me.

If you stare at Billy, he starts grumbling and jumping and barking at you.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Teags is pretty vocal. If she hears a noise rings the alarm, but she shuts up pretty fast afterwards. When you tell her to shut her face. She talks a lot and back talks.

So far Pan does not bark unless he frustrated or wants teagans attention, but he grumbled alot. And when he is pissy or does not like something he growls his mean growl lol

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 07-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Are you dead yet?

Eve barks occasionally. She hates a couple of the dogs in our apartment complex and will raise a stink when they walk by. She'll bark if my roommate or I get her riled up enough.

For a couple years she was the quietest dog I'd ever met. Ever. I don't think I heard her bark once until she was about nine months old.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Bodhi will bark but she's not a barker. She barks to alert. She's a huge play growler and sounds scary!!!

Fred isn't a barker at all, unless Bodhi barks or something startles him. But oh he is so vocal. He woos and whines and groans and whinnies!! He talks to you. Its very cute
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Spanish Pup

Natasha barks when frustrated, when excited and when she hears something. I only discourage the two first barkings, as when she hears something strange she only barks once or twice, so I don't really mind.
But she's getting pretty talkative, making strange sounds while playing or cuddling. Its hilarious.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Violet doesn't make any sound pretty much. I've heard her bark like maybe twice ever. Once at some strange guys that were outside and once at a floaty in our pool that she thought was some horrid creature LOL! And she doesn't howl or roo or woo like a normal husky.

Well, I take it back that she doesn't make any sound cause she is very growly. But it's more like grumbling than growling. It's not a mean growl, it's just her thing. She's always been growly since we first met her at 3? weeks.

Chloe is a LOUD dog but she doesn't really bark that often. Her bark is just...crazy loud and deep but somehow peircing LOL! If our neighbors dog is out she barks with him up and down the fence and won't stop til you physically pick her up and take her inside lol. Then she barks if she sees someone/something outside, but in that case she will quiet down if we tell her to stop.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM
The Monster.

Considering how many photos I have that look like this... I'd say I have a very vocal dog in Cohen.

Excitement = barking. Barking in the back yard. Barking while running agility. Needless to say, barking at flyball. Growling while tugging. Whining while bored. Barking at other dogs while they play. Barking while chasing other dogs. Barking while she waits for you to throw a ball... I could go on.

She alert barks too, but it pales in comparison to the excitement barking.

Mega is an alert barker. She does some excitement barking too, but is pretty easy to quiet.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog