Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
She will whine about EVERYTHING.

I WANT ATTENTION. LET ME WHINE AT YOU.

I WANT FOOD. LET'S WHINE

THERE'S A DOG OUTSIDE. MAYBE IF I WHINE YOU WILL LET ME OUT.

I'M BORED. I'M GOING TO WHINE SO YOU KNOW HOW BORED I AM.
Ah yes, but does she have the elusive 'I just walked up and licked you NOW WHAT' whine in her arsenal? Or the 'I woke up minus 5 seconds ago why aren't you petting me' one?

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 07-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Jack loves to yell his face off. Elkhounds are a bad choice if you enjoy quiet. Jonas is fairly quiet other than typical alert barking. The girls barely make any noise at all.

Shambles bitches all the time. ALL THE TIME.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I don't think either of mine are too loud.

Artimis will bark as an alert if he hears someone, but most noises he will just let slide unless they seem very out of place. He also quiets down pretty well if told to hush. He also can get noisy if scared by someone new, which is why someone he doesn't know may think he's a noisy dog, when he's not really. The problem with him isn't how much he barks, but when he does bark it's sudden, high pitch, and more like screaming your lungs out. >_< lol

Talon is also an alert barker, more so than Art, but his bark is lower more pleasant "woof". He hasn't completely learned "hush" yet, but overall he's pretty quite.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:05 PM
orange iguanas.

This is Juno. All the time. About everything. When she wants food, when she wants to go outside, when she wants to play, when she wants you to pet her. Etc etc. In this particular instance it was because she wanted the spot on the couch that Lucy was lying on.

She's not loud. Just annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUt1Y9vJYTk

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-26-2013, 10:12 PM
such sights to show you

Mine all have big mouths.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Cynder is pretty quiet. She may bark if she's in the yard and she sees someone walk by, but that's about it.

Abrams, on the other hand...good thing I was used to all of the noise Chloe makes or I would have been in for a rude awakening. He growls at you when he's really excited and wants to say hi (which freaks some people out when we're in public lol), he arrooos, he barks, he whines, he cries, he sighs, he howls, he moans...he's also very vocal when playing with other dogs.

Luckily his voice isn't too annoying, so its alright. But quiet he is not.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 07-27-2013, 01:07 AM
Top Dog

He CAN be pretty vocal. I don't know how to explain him. Because out in public, he's not. We can walk by tons of barking dogs, or a dog could be lunging/barking at him, and he will never bark back, etc.

But he is most definitely an alert barker. Oh myyy, when the doorbell rings or knocks, or someone walks in, he's got this high pitched super annoying charging type bark. It will only last for like 10 seconds until he realizes who the person is walking in the door. If it's a stranger, he will bark longer until I tell him to be quiet.

He also can be quite the excited barker. During rough play, he barks a lot. But he doesn't really play with dogs much anymore, as far as wrestling goes, but yeah when he does he can be very loud and obnoxious. Certain things trigger excitement in him - when anyone jumps on the diving board, it gets him amped up, and he barks until they're in the water. When the four wheelers drive by the fence, he barks as he runs and chases them.

But he's not a 'yapper'. My friends yorkies will just start freaking out over everything - a little sound outside, people walking by our car if we're parked, etc.

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-27-2013, 01:47 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

In order of vocalness. The scale goes from OMFG SHUT UP BEFORE I KILL YOU, to, Never Barks. Ever.

Ozzy.
Indy.
Jones.
Enzo.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:29 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one

I watched Southpaw's video. Bad Idea, since Zora is lying next to me. She started barking at the computer... and then continued licking my screen. I think she likes Juno.

I wish she'd wine, instead of full on bark. She now also barks at you and stubs you with her nose at the same time if she wants attention. -.-

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Not a Border Collie

Quinn is soo quiet.

She will bark when someone is at the door (and then she has two different barks - "Yay I know you!" and "Don't you dare touch the door until you're let in") but that's it. She has never ever barked during training or while playing. She quietly woofed in frustration while herding on Thursday and I couldn't believe my ears (she's only done that once prior - same situation). She will talk a little bit, but only whine/grumbles if she's asked to go out repeatedly and you ignore her, whereas Dally will carry on a conversation all day with you if you make noises at her (and is way more barky).

I LOVE IT. Quinn is so quiet and perfect to me. Dally annoys me sometimes because, while her "talking" is cute, she barks a lot in play and frustration (our resident barn swallows dive bomb and tease her every time she goes outside - I don't blame her). My mom obviously has more patience for barking than I do because 3/4 breeds she was considering for her next puppy are LOUD.

Quinn - English Shepherd