Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

You can keep them in a seperate room. These are, and were, until I was sure of everyone. I didn't know how Sancho would react. HYia said that last night he came in and cuddled with her and Columbus. He seems to have enjoyed the company of his own kind. I knew Victor and Pepper were all good, and Neccy is good with everyone. But when Aiden and Baylee were here, of course no hands on, and never allowed to look without me right smack there to monitor. I wish my son could take one, but those two are just too little to have a pet yet, imho, and they have another baby on the way. IN their new house they might really want to consider one down the road for it obviously has seen it's share of mice. An older bigger, wiser cat, and not a fragile kitten for those children.

Sancho does like Columbus, I found the two under the sofa yesterday in Sancho's favorite hang out place, they were just chilling. At least we can say these kittens have been well socialized, no spit or scratch at dogs, no fear of noise, and the truck (mine has duel exhausts and is kind of noisy) didn't stress Ressie at all. When she met Mr. Shaffer, she was just sweet to him. Hope that is a good thing too and not a bad thing. A cat that shows fear and runs is I think far more likely to get attacked.

Hyia told my friend who is the volunteer cooridnatior for this shelter that she wants to work there when she is old enough. Kelly told her being a good foster Mommy is the best place to start, and she certainly could work there when she is old enough. So maybe it will be her niche. All i know is one thing. THat was a very depressed girl when she came back from the hospital. I was desperate to give her something positive to focus on. And it worked better then I could have even hoped for. A win win all the way around. She will learn that sending Columbus on, will allow a place for the next one to receive help. Guess who she just brought out to sit on my lap I will drink her up and enjoy every second we have left. Time for "clean up"..goes for the warm washcloth. She loves to have her face washed. She is soooo a lap cat. Zoom is coming today and we want to be shining clean.

I gave a heads up to Pets for LIfe about Ressie. SHe would make an excellent therapy cat since she doens't mind travel. Good therapy cats are in great need. THat would be an awesome future for her.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,

Last edited by smkie; 08-13-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Big Mutts

I didn't know there even were therapy cats, sounds like a good plan for Ressie. Hyia sounds like she has it together. Have been talking to my girls, so IF it works out with Gracie, they know we're only keeping until they find a good home. Then we'll get more! Afraid they would be here too long and get very attached (we have no contracts, have to at least 2 foster events per month).
Old 08-14-2013, 10:51 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

THey put a call out for kitten fosters, one was alone and the whole litter had been run over but that one. I said we would take it, it was 6 weeks old, but someone already picked her up. THey have 9 feral kittens that just came in, but that is too much for us right now.
In the meantime, recess pics.

WHile Aunt Pepper makes sure things don't get too rough.

I bring the little ones out together and then the larger ones out together for recess so they can play more evenly matched.
Grey fluff and Columbus are close, but Grey Fluff is very much the largest of the litter/
[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/smkie/media/AUGUST%202013/CIMG9160_zps752caff0.jpg.html][/URL

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 08-14-2013, 04:29 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 08-14-2013, 04:32 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

SAncho says you may look, but you may not touch. vid

how many likes for this good Cat. He is so patient, and careful for all the babies, people and kittens alike.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 08-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Big Mutts

Sancho is a good role model. Loving the pics!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I don't know how their points can be souch darker in 24 hours time. THe one Hyia called Grey fluff suddenly has points. THey weren't there a couple days ago. Not even a whisker's worth. Ressie first Grey Fluff second.

Hanging out with Auntie Pepper

Giving her some wurv

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 08-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Love my pets

Love how they are interacting so nicely with the dogs too.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:36 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My dogs are not Sawyer. They think they are interesting, they don't mind cleaning faces, but there is a line drawn to touching, with Sancho too. Sawyer let them curl up in his fur like it was their long lost home. My animals jump out and move away quickly. THat might be because Sancho spent so much time entertaining himself by poking them just to hear them squeal.

I dont' know how marking get so much darker from one day to the next. Do they sprout a hundred more hairs in the night? anyone know? just curious. I have been trying to wash off that smudge on Grey fluff for a couple days. I thought maybe the kitten food was staining her but now I can see her feet are darkening, and so are her ears and suddenly voila..she has the beginning of stripes on her cheeks. I could see a change over a few days, but this is surprisingly in hours of time. Crazy. I think Grey Fluff's eyes don't know if they want to be green or blue.

Monday it is back for their second worming, which by the looks of things this morning, is going to be necessary. No visible worms, but there is a change in a not good direction. sighs. Hyia awoke late for school this morning so clean up is going to be my job. No more staying in the pen for 3. We have put 2 extra pot boxes on the floor one on each side of the room so there will be no need to start bad habits. One thing I praise Sancho for, he NEVEr walks on my desk, or the counters, or the piano. And he always is tidy with his toileting. Most of the cats I know of that got chucked outside was because tehy developed bad habits in the beginning and when rehomed continued them, or their owners didnt' keep their boxes clean and they stopped using them. I can't do anything abou the latter, but we won't have bad habits here. THe boxes are cleaned many times during the day. I don't like the litter the shelter gave us, the kittens didn't sneeze before we started using it, and I hate to go back to using newspaper because I figure it is litter they will use in their new homes, but I don't want any respitory problems either. My little Ressie is just not as strong as the others, I was going to ask if she could have a couple extra weeks to strengthen before they spay here. I would foster her during that time no problem. Her sister, I wonder if they were twins, is a third bigger, than she is, and vibrant.I woudlnt' worry about any of the others.

I didn't want to double post the pics of Sawyer and the kittens but I will put teh link here if anyone didn't see them that wants to. It's a part of the story. http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261049

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 08-19-2013, 02:10 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

vid

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!