Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 09-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Big Mutts

Fantastic job. Glad Hyia had such a good day.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Twin 2.0

Everyone found good homes!

I took Huck out on leash today and we definitely have a long way to go, lol! He liked to be held so he could check everything out, or sitting right up against a wall. Otherwise he was rolling around to play with his leash, or rolling from one spot to another. He forgets he has legs when he has his harness on. Met my friend's Husky through the screen and hissed at her a bit. Then we came home and he did this:
Old 09-29-2013, 09:30 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Aww Huck. Learning all about new stuff wears out bitty kittens. Even not so bitty ones, aren't they growing fast?

Yesterday it rained so we didn't walk, we rode in the truck instead. I can say that at first it was like 2 steps back, but things got better. The important thin is that Ressie learn not to be frightened of sudden noises and movement. I don't know any other way to teach her that, then to do what I did with Victor. I don't know how they test cats, but I do know how they tested him. He had to be bomb proof and it took failing it once, going back home, working harder and trying again. I still say it is the best thing I ever did for his over the top high strung super sensitive self. I have been taking him on very short walks in the dark from the sdiewalk to the end of the drive. He had a moment where he forgot where the door was and needed reassurance to follow and trust me. Baby bites I hope will help when the whole thing is in front of us. Secretly wishing Ressie would be his seeing eye cat but that is wishing for the impossible. Would be so good for when I am not home tho. I can wish.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 09-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Twin 2.0

Huck does NOT want baths anymore. No siree-bob!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:27 AM
Love my pets

Smkie, I found this on therapy cats:

http://www.loveonaleash.org/pdfforms...apy%20pets.pdf

http://www.catscenterstage.com/therapy-cat4.shtml

http://www.petpartners.org/
Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Thank you Barb. THat was pretty much what I figured, the first one, which is why I have been taking her on rides, she will go on one with me today, and trying to get use to sounds and people. I saw a couple cats go through the test when Bronki passed his test, but I didn't get to watch what it was they had to do because I was focused on what he was needing himself. THe Pets for LIfe test was way harder than that one.

Why did Huck need a bath?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 09-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Twin 2.0

We had been outside working on the harness and since he's decided that if his harness is on, that means his legs have come off and he can only roll like an alligator from one spot to the next. So he was super dusty and had picked up a cobweb or two from a corner.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:22 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

ahh I understand. I am trying to figure out how I am going to use my fireplace and keep my white kitten out of it. I guess I named my donation kitty CInders for more reasons than just the way it looked after I fired it.

Today was good. Nice weather. Did find something that flapped my unflappable kitten, a jerk on a skateboard barreling down teh sidewalk in front of the shops where he is not suppose to be. She got her composure back quickly but still. Sirens, smoke in the air (there was an incident on the next street over) made her curious, but nto afraid. She could write a paper on cobwebs on my whiskers. She insists on walking along the wall. Since she is walking willingly with us, ok against the wall it is. Victor likes to do the same. She brushed up her tail at her reflection in a newly washed one.
So that is over with for today.

Victor's old man forehead wrinkle.

really really hoping for even a week more of good weather to bring this into normal everyday routine for her. She did agree to venture around a corner, and a part of a parking lot that she had not seen before. She does prefer what she saw the day before.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 09-30-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:58 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I will say one thing, tired kitty is a good kitty. SHe was clutter busting for me when I decided it was past time to go. No playmates for the Castle makes it boring. So she has switched to the piano keys, the mirror, and sighs..my shelves. Two bowls hit the floor this morning, but fortunately only one broke.

clutter buster. Nothing makes me clean up my act more than babies.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:06 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

They were hosing down the sidewalk and washing the windows by our green bench so we stopped here instead and watched. Not scary, at all. Thank you Pepper for being such a good teacher and support force. Ressie really liked going with Pepper. Pepper liked the slower pace so she could stop and sniff all those places I haven't let her stop and sniff the other one billion times we have walked this path.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!