Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Durp Dog

Unhappy So Nora can't be a Pitty, give her a new breed.

Just got a 30 days notice that we have to move. Lady who owns the house lives in NY and apparently has been job hunting in NC. She got a job now, and wants to move back into her house asap now. We just moved here 6 months ago.

This is super fun with three dogs, trying to find a place to rent. I've had several breakdowns about this, it just sucks. This is really bad timing and we were not prepared for this at all.

My dogs are not going anywhere, I'm not getting rid of them, something will work out, it's just going to take alot of effort.

One big problem we are running into is Nora. Once we say "Pit Mix" "Bully Mix" "Terrier Mix" they either tell us no or say we have to get liability insurance on her. She is freaking 35lbs soaking wet, and at some angles looks minimally Pit.

Pics here: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...ght=nora+lacey

Sooooo I know this will probably stir up controversy, but at this point I really dgaf. What other breed mixes could I pass her off as?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

How about just saying mixed breed?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:37 AM
LABRADERP!

Rat terrier x Mountain Cur mix

Or a Fiest x Plott hound mix?
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 07-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Love my pets

How about an Greyhound & Ibizan Hound mix. Could say a greyhound mix.

I had a pit lab mix that looked more like a lab mix. I also had a pit lab mix that looked more like a pit mix or according to one vet a greyhound mix.

I'm comparing this pic you had on Chaz:

The face & ears sticking up like the Ibizan Hound look similar:

Has the brindle of a greyhound:

Old 07-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Rat terrier x whippet

I'd do whatever I had to in your shoes too. I'd honestly go as far as taking some rando pics from the internet of a rat terrier and whippet and saying, "See, these are her parents!" Likewise IDGAF if that makes people screech.

Good luck. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Why specify? Just say mixed breed, and if they enquire further, claim ignorance, or just say terrier mix or whippet mix.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Behavior Nerd

I'd say Plott mix - around here it makes a bit of sense and covers the size/shape a bit better than whippet.

I like the idea of taking pics from the interwebs and calling them her parents, too.

Also, you can check with various companies about insurance as a back up - I suspect you could get a policy for not too much money since no one is specifying amount of coverage.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

I also see whippet or greyhound, I don't even see "pit" or "bully" Just say she is a "mystery mix", if they I quite further or any paperwork requires a more specific answer just say "greyhound/terrier, or whippet/terrier" mix

Old 07-21-2013, 10:48 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Boston Terrier/Whippet mix I think would totally be plausible, especially since he is so petite.

Or even just Boston/Rat Terrier. (A "Brat Terrier" - they're common enough to have a designer name!)

I don't know many Plotts or Curs, but throw that in for good measure. ("Her dad was a Brat Terrier, her mom was a Plot..." Or vice versa.)

When I rented my apartment, they had breed restrictions. BUT, they didn't ask for proof of what your dog was. When thought Chloe would be living with me when I first signed my lease, I said she was a Collie mix and they just nodded and said, "Okay." I have a feeling that had she been of bully breed origin they wouldn't have cared, IF they never received a complaint about her.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Mutts to you

I have the same problem with Riley, people see that brindle coat and automatically think pit bull mix, even though he's tall and slender. When insurance asked about Riley, I told them he was boxer/whippet mix. I've also had several people at the open agility practices at Purina Farms ask if he's a Catahoula. Maybe that's a parent option for you?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey