Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Wht is the age difference between you and your SO?
Nothing 14 21.21%
1-3 Years 18 27.27%
3-5 Years 10 15.15%
6-10 Years 10 15.15%
10-12 Years 4 6.06%
13+ Years 3 4.55%
Turkey bacon and sliced granny smith apples dipped in peanut butter 9 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Well, I don't have a SO and it'll likely stay that way, so have got to get the kids on board for gruel feeding and wheelchair pushing. It's only fair, since I spent several years doing it for them.

Milos_Mommy, I think it becomes a big difference when it puts people in different stages of life. So it would vary between different people of the same age. That said, I don't think 10 years is a big deal between a 50 year old and a 60 year old.

My best friends, the most happily married ones that are the most compatible with their spouses have the biggest age gaps. One is 41, her husband is 69. They have a 17 year old son and a 14 year old daughter. They are super well matched, I honestly can't see them with different people, and neither can they.

Another friend is 32 and her SO of 11 years is 44. They're super happy together as well.
I agree. I think the big age difference actually often puts them at similar levels of maturity & patience.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I'm just turned 32 and he is 38 in Sept.

Its no big deal at all. We are both big kids, so it works out fine.

Funnily enough I went out with a guy who was also 6 yrs older than me when I was 16 (so he was 22). THAT felt like a massive age gap at the time. We were together 3.5yrs so it went, but now 6 yrs feels like nothing.

I do frequently wind him up about being old though, and close to 40. It mortifies him.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

I am 16 months older than Tim. Not really anything significant.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 07-20-2013, 06:09 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Or...is that because he's Asian? Seriously, people usually guess me in early 20's and Jason in mid-to-late-20's.
Lol, I can't believe he's 40! He looks around your age!

I'm 6 years older than my bf. It seems like a ridiculously huge gap... I think it's way more common for the guy to be older. We are at the same maturity level, in MOST ways, though. It just scares me that when he's my age, I'll be 30!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-20-2013, 06:25 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I'm just turned 32 and he is 38 in Sept.

Its no big deal at all. We are both big kids, so it works out fine.

Funnily enough I went out with a guy who was also 6 yrs older than me when I was 16 (so he was 22). THAT felt like a massive age gap at the time. We were together 3.5yrs so it went, but now 6 yrs feels like nothing.

I do frequently wind him up about being old though, and close to 40. It mortifies him.
Yeah why is that? I not only noticed it with myself but I also notice it with other people, that even small age diffs when you are in your teens/ early 20s seem bigger then like after 25 or so.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yeah why is that? I not only noticed it with myself but I also notice it with other people, that even small age diffs when you are in your teens/ early 20s seem bigger then like after 25 or so.
Because its all relative. When you are 16, each year is 1/16th of your life. When you are 49, it's 1/49th. Years literally count less in the overall experience. Also, when you are in your teens you are still a child, even at 19 one is still very young (and this is from someone who was a very mature 19 year old)
Old 07-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Because its all relative. When you are 16, each year is 1/16th of your life. When you are 49, it's 1/49th. Years literally count less in the overall experience.
One of the worst parts of getting older. Makes the time seem to go by so much quicker.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Because its all relative. When you are 16, each year is 1/16th of your life. When you are 49, it's 1/49th. Years literally count less in the overall experience. Also, when you are in your teens you are still a child, even at 19 one is still very young (and this is from someone who was a very mature 19 year old)
Yeah, you're still growing and maturing rapidly when you're that young, and your life is moving pretty fast in big ways to make a couple of years seems eons apart, as far as where you are in life.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 07-20-2013, 08:16 PM
<--------Orson

There are 4 years between Kevin and I.......I'm the older

We always joke that if we had met in Highschool, there is no way on Earth I would have dated a little punk freshman like him! LOL
Old 07-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

Donny is 9 months older than me, so we're basically the same age.