Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Pretty much the short form is with a Fila. With true ojeriza Do not expect to take your dog out in public or to visit family or friends. You pretty much have to change your life completely to own a Fila. Sociailizing this breed won't make it safe in public. They see every stranger as a threat. Even that child walking down the street minding its own buisness.

I would very much reconsider a Fila.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Wow just wow.

I am not Dogdragoness' biggest fan, I will admit that but geeze guys. Can we actually be constructive instead of jerks? How about the guest who is reading this thread and skips over it because of all the bull cr@p in it.

If she isnt suited for the breed because of anti social tendencies (or what ever) we are able to say it without being jerks.

Seriously cant we just grow up and have a mature conversation?

Donít come back with the whole "she stared it" bull, you donít have to stupe to their level (general she)

I donít have anything to add to the actual conversation. They are a powerful breed and require a bold leader.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
Pretty much the short form is with a Fila. With true ojeriza Do not expect to take your dog out in public or to visit family or friends. You pretty much have to change your life completely to own a Fila. Sociailizing this breed won't make it safe in public. They see every stranger as a threat. Even that child walking down the street minding its own buisness.

I would very much reconsider a Fila.
Heck I don't on vaycay because of the dogs I have lol.

I will admit to having some outlandish opinions in the off topic threads but when it comes to people asking advice about dogs or whatever I TRY to be civil the best way I know how.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Have you looked into other guardian breed?

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

What I said is incredibly civil for me, trust me. Sorry, I don't mince words. I'm not one to sugar coat things and never have been or will be. I work in a profession where if you're not blunt and to the point, nobody listens. I feel a Fila would be a bad decision for you. I stated why. Simple enough.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

Double Post
Old 07-16-2013, 11:15 PM

Uh ... No you insulted me & called me abusive to my animals, which is really saying something since you have never met me, nor my animals ... In fact it's almost laughable.

Yes I have looked into other guard breeds that included: the dogo, Rottweiler, Corso, & even the GSD & the dobie.

But the fila was the breed I couldn't really find information about day to day life with them, only historical stuff & personality/temperament rundowns.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

I can't provide any information regarding Fila's because I've never owned one. But, based on the couple I've met, I would say they aren't the breed for most people, including yourself.

In your thread on another forum you mentioned Rottweilers. Again, not a breed for you. IMO, and knowing how you care for your pets (based on what you've posted) I don't think you need a breed of any type that has natural tendencies to be protective.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Uh ... No you insulted me & called me abusive to my animals, which is really saying something since you have never met me, nor my animals ... In fact it's almost laughable.

Yes I have looked into other guard breeds that included: the dogo, Rottweiler, Corso, & even the GSD & the dobie.

But the fila was the breed I couldn't really find information about day to day life with them, only historical stuff & personality/temperament rundowns.
If you were insulted by my posts I'm sorry. You're not the only person I wonder about owning dogs on this forum, believe me.

That probably didn't help you feel less insulted... But I'm not here to please.

Where's Fran when we need her?! She's better at phrasing things like this than I am. -_-

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 AM

Just because someone doesn't treat their dogs like they are made of glass doesn't mean they are a bad person.

My dogs come in at night or when I am not home to nice plush beds (or in buddy's case a crate) they get fed the best food I can afford & get RMB's twice a week. I make sure they are get all the mental & physically activity they need / want. They stay outside because they LIKE it out there.

I wonder what your requirements are for owning a dog :/