Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keechak View Post
Sadly the local AKC club I belong to has a lot of "oldies" in it who are set in their ways and believe that allowing mixed breeds to participate is blasphemy. Probably the majority of the club wants to allow mixes in but the majority of people who come to the meetings to vote are the ones set in their ways.
Go to an IPO trial and track, they don't care what breed you have. I used to compete with my GSD listed as a mix because I didn't care to send in all the other paperwork.

But I believe you about the oldies. I remember a few years ago now eating at a Thai restaurant in Janesville, WI and eavesdropping on a conversation between a bunch of oldies, it was about dogs and the AKC possibly holding working dog trials that included bitework and recognizing working titles in Schutzhund

I remember one older woman was totally in favor of it and the rest were completely appalled that biting would ever be a part of any AKC event. I had a lot of respect for that woman, she made so much sense. Maybe it was because I agreed with her

a few years later while shopping for a new vet, guess who I ran into? That older woman that was championing bitework and real tests at AKC events. Turns out she used to show Dobes but never really did trial in schutzhund because there were no clubs around back then.

But anyway, it's different tracking, but I'd think if you can do IPO tracking, when the AKC finally comes around, tracking there should be no problem.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Aussie Obssessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
Go to an IPO trial and track, they don't care what breed you have. I used to compete with my GSD listed as a mix because I didn't care to send in all the other paperwork.

But I believe you about the oldies. I remember a few years ago now eating at a Thai restaurant in Janesville, WI and eavesdropping on a conversation between a bunch of oldies, it was about dogs and the AKC possibly holding working dog trials that included bitework and recognizing working titles in Schutzhund

I remember one older woman was totally in favor of it and the rest were completely appalled that biting would ever be a part of any AKC event. I had a lot of respect for that woman, she made so much sense. Maybe it was because I agreed with her

a few years later while shopping for a new vet, guess who I ran into? That older woman that was championing bitework and real tests at AKC events. Turns out she used to show Dobes but never really did trial in schutzhund because there were no clubs around back then.

But anyway, it's different tracking, but I'd think if you can do IPO tracking, when the AKC finally comes around, tracking there should be no problem.
Oh I have purebreds so It doesn't affect me but it still ticks me off that mixes aren't allowed at our trials.