Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Not a Border Collie

Yay Abrams! What a super star!

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 10-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Silence, peasants.

Feist has decided to flip her ears inside-out.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 10-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Top Dog

A random guy at a bus stop asked to pet Lola today.... then laid down on his stomach on the sidewalk, patted the ground, and let out a stream of baby talk at her. She loved the attention but **** Seattle is weird.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:40 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default The dog musing/vent thread

Yesterday I took Joey to a lure coursing practice. It was a smaller course than he usually runs but he has been quitting on me lately so I wanted to work with him a bit.

His first run he quit most of the way through and came back to me. I asked the lure operator if I can just release him again from where he quit and my friend Corey caught him at the end. He did run from the point I re released him to the finish.

I noticed when he was running that he looked really off, even more than usual since he always has moved a little funny since I got him. I mentioned to this lady that I want to look at seeing if having him adjusted by a chiropractor might help. She said, "well you are in luck because there is a dog chiropractor here actually."

I ended up talking to the chiropractor who also happens to be Jacksonmom's agility instructor funny enough. She wanted to see him run first so we ran him again so she could see how he was moving. When we ran him that time he did follow the lure around the entire course which I praised the hell out of him for, but he moved funny the entire run. She looked him over and adjusted him right there on the field and it was super neat to watch. He literally sighed a couple times during the adjustment probably because it was a huge relief and he probably felt much better.

After his adjustment I gave him a short break before running him one more time so we could check to see if the adjustment helped. He ran the entire thing and his stride was much better and he was able to turn his head this time to stay on the lure better. Huge difference!!!

She recommended that I have him adjusted once a month especially since I do dog sports with him.

An here is my tired boy after a long day. I'm not sure how is tall long lanky self can curl up into such a tiny ball. Silly beezers.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM
orange iguanas.

I think Happy is smuggling bugs in her fur?? Does that happen?? Lol it is the most disvusting thing ever if so. It just seems too coincidental that where she sleeps is where nasty insects are found. Ewewewewew.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Top Dog

I live in a dog friendly apartment complex. Does not seem to be breed restricted - guy next door to me has a red and white bully breed that always seems delighted to see me. What's weird for apartments in this area is that the front doors open into a hallway, almost like a hotel. Most apartments in this area have doors that open to the outside.

Anyway, the people across the hallway from me must have this gigantic dog. They've lived here for 6 months now and I have never seen that dog. But every time people walk past their door that dog barks so loud and body slams that door. I hear it growling. It makes me.wonder if they've trained it.I was carrying my brand new toaster in earlier and completely forgot about it and I hear it barking and body slam. Almost dropped my toaster!

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 10-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Silence, peasants.

My puppy is somersaulting/rolling/spinning all over the floor trying to eat her tail. Ummm, sweetie?

ETA: now she is whining when she bites it because ZOMG PAIN but then continues to do it...

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 10-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

So Blossom's enzymes have to sit on her food for at least 20 minutes.

Let me just tell you, the 20 min between when I mix them into the food, and when the dogs actually get fed is the WORST 20 minutes of their lives. Blossom is pacing in a circle and repeatedly nosing the the door to the kitchen, and Keeva is lying at my feet crying softly to herself. TEH WOE. It's unreal.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm All Ears

So my new trainer tells me that Mia is a really nice dog with a lot of potential.

Mia.... nice dog. This is after Mia spent about half the time growling at her dogs and her new BC foster. lol

On the way home I get all mushy cause let's face it.... Mia is obviously the best dog ever and I'm on my period so don't judge me getting teary-eyed.

Honestly though, very few people actively enjoy Mia so it's nice to hear someone that does. I think that makes 4 people in real life that have honest to goodness liked her. And that's including me. The other three were all dog trainers. Mia also allowed my trainer to pet her tonight which is a big deal.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

So I to outside to toss some trash into the back of my truck and I caught buddy and bear up on TOP of the grill (buddy was standing on the platform you put the meat on ... Bear was INSIDE the firebox! Good thing it wasn't hot (I guess they smelled the food from last night.

I guess I will have to remember when I go out for a smoke in the evenings to CLOSE it ... ****ing dogs